Confession time

Options
mrdth6686
mrdth6686 Posts: 13 Member
So I am noticing a pattern here. I seem to do well for 4 or 5 days (mainly week days) and then I go overboard, or just don't track calories period, for 2 or 3. This results in me gaining back in those 2 or 3 days what I had lost in the previous 4 or 5. Anyone else? Also I noticed that I am MUCH more dedicated to eating right on days that I work out. It's like if I don't work out, I think, "what the heck?" and just eat whatever I want. Self-control is definitely my biggest weakness.

Anyone else battling this or better yet, overcome it???

Replies

• Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If you know you'll eat better on days you work out, then you should try doing something like the 30 Day Shred. It's 30 min daily. Get a calendar and mark the days you ate well ad exercised. It'll feel so good to see your progress you won't want to quit.
  • mrdth6686
    Options
    For some reason, I find it almost impossible to workout at home. I really like the bodyrock workouts or actually, since they've replaced the original girl, the Zwow workouts (they're only 10 minutes!!!) but I just can't bring myself to workout at home. Thanks for the insight though, I never thought about keeping a calendar!
  • acelynp2
    acelynp2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    For me, it's a weekend thing. I can be really on point during the week but then when the weekends comes, things go awry. Lately, too, there have been so many eating/drinking events. I am almost to the point where I might quit drinking for awhile since this seems to add to the temptation of eating badly. I do find that coming on here and logging helps as well as pre-planning eating. Mostly though I have no good answer but I am struggling too!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    So I am noticing a pattern here. I seem to do well for 4 or 5 days (mainly week days) and then I go overboard, or just don't track calories period, for 2 or 3. This results in me gaining back in those 2 or 3 days what I had lost in the previous 4 or 5. Anyone else? Also I noticed that I am MUCH more dedicated to eating right on days that I work out. It's like if I don't work out, I think, "what the heck?" and just eat whatever I want. Self-control is definitely my biggest weakness.

Anyone else battling this or better yet, overcome it???

Same...Did well when I came back KNOW I can do it, shoot I have done it but 1 wrong day turns into one wrong week and everything I worked so hard for is gone. I know what I need to do but just can't seem to get there.

I am hoping surrounding myself with all of you helps!!
  • mrdth6686
    Options
    Definitely a weekend thing. For instance I was just thinking what to have for dinner and thought, "Hey, it's Friday nigh,t we should order a pizza!" Aghh! (I did find that if we order pizza, it works well if my husband orders whatever he wants and I order a personal pan pizza. That way, I can't keep eating after my pizza is gone!) And I've given up drinking until the scale says what I want it to say!!! I'm too hungry to spend my calories on alcohol lol
  • ccpowers
    ccpowers Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am totally guilty of weekend issues too! I think anyone with kids is. Or a full time day job, or maybe even evening job. Monday to fridays are routine...once the weekend hits it is all about spontaneity and getting as much or as little done in the time you have. Who wants to make the time to get up early to workout? Or who wants to cook when you could go out for drinks and dinner with friends. I tend to lose during the week and gain some back during the weekends. And pizza on the weekend....so EASY!!! or pop and popcorn at the movies...well...what to do this friday night??? GOOD LUCK ALL
  • mum2paris
    mum2paris Posts: 25
    Options
    Completely guilty of weekend issues too - it is all so busy and you just go from one thing to the next and all of a sudden you've just grabbed random things to eat on the way.
  • louiserainey
    louiserainey Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a weekend binge eater. I went nuts yesterday and feeling guilty for it. But today is a new day, right? I'm telling myself to take it one day at a time. I've been on this site for a while now, but haven't lost a lot. Need to figure out a better way to stay on track!
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I was doing pretty good until vacation....for some reason I'm finding it hard to get back on track. I'm not eating a bunch of crap, but just the thought of measuring/monitoring every dam bite drives me nuts, but I also know this is the ONLY way I lose wt. I exercise faithfully, I love working out, I just HATE counting.
  • GIAngel222
    GIAngel222 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have a huge problem Friday - Sunday also and that is why I made a deal with myself!

I know that I will go over every Friday because I am awake from 4:30am until 12:00 -1:00am, which is 20/21 hours of being awake. I also drink every Friday night, to wash away the long work week (who doesn't!?). So what I try to do is go by the weekly calorie intake, that is on the app. If you hit "weekly" while on "home" it will tell you how many calories you have for the rest of the week. After Friday I check the amount that says "Net Calories Under Weekly Goal" and eat that amount throughout Saturday and Sunday (but not if its more than my daily allotted amount per day).
    The deal I made with myself is.... if I am going to overeat on the weekends that I HAVE to go to the gym on Saturday and Sunday. I get up every Saturday and Sunday at 7:15-8:00 and go to the gym. It sucks to get up ( I KNOW< TRUST ME!) but since I get up so early throughout the week, I just look at it as I am sleeping "in' since I will be awake no later than 9am (even if I didn't set my alarm).
    My last weekend was like this...
    Friday to Sunday I ate 6,150 calories. I am supposed to have 3,960. I went over by 2,190 but the only day I went over was Friday 946 calories and I also allow myself one cheat meal per week (usually Friday night). Saturday and Sunday I burned 1,632 calories. When I checked the weekly net goal after I plugged in Sunday, I was under by 829 calories. So even though I went over one day I was still under for the week, which makes me satisfied knowing that I may have over ate every day on the weekend but for the week I was still under!

Maybe this can work for others! The hardest part is making the time to workout but once you start doing it I am sure you love how you feel while doing it, how you feel afterwards and how you feel wearing those jeans you have been trying to fit in!!!!
  • LMiller81
    LMiller81 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have a huge problem Friday - Sunday also and that is why I made a deal with myself!

I know that I will go over every Friday because I am awake from 4:30am until 12:00 -1:00am, which is 20/21 hours of being awake. I also drink every Friday night, to wash away the long work week (who doesn't!?). So what I try to do is go by the weekly calorie intake, that is on the app. If you hit "weekly" while on "home" it will tell you how many calories you have for the rest of the week. After Friday I check the amount that says "Net Calories Under Weekly Goal" and eat that amount throughout Saturday and Sunday (but not if its more than my daily allotted amount per day).
    The deal I made with myself is.... if I am going to overeat on the weekends that I HAVE to go to the gym on Saturday and Sunday. I get up every Saturday and Sunday at 7:15-8:00 and go to the gym. It sucks to get up ( I KNOW< TRUST ME!) but since I get up so early throughout the week, I just look at it as I am sleeping "in' since I will be awake no later than 9am (even if I didn't set my alarm).
    My last weekend was like this...
    Friday to Sunday I ate 6,150 calories. I am supposed to have 3,960. I went over by 2,190 but the only day I went over was Friday 946 calories and I also allow myself one cheat meal per week (usually Friday night). Saturday and Sunday I burned 1,632 calories. When I checked the weekly net goal after I plugged in Sunday, I was under by 829 calories. So even though I went over one day I was still under for the week, which makes me satisfied knowing that I may have over ate every day on the weekend but for the week I was still under!

Maybe this can work for others! The hardest part is making the time to workout but once you start doing it I am sure you love how you feel while doing it, how you feel afterwards and how you feel wearing those jeans you have been trying to fit in!!!!

This is a great piece of advice -- thanks! I think I'll try!