My first day, completed! Reviews and expectations..

Options
Hey everyone,

I decided to just get started on 30 Day Shred last night. Man! I didn't expect to have as hard of a time as I did. I'm not terribly out of shape but I've been trying to get back on the bandwagon after almost a year off. I've been running and doing basic interval training for a couple weeks and last night I thought I'd have an easy time getting through 20 minutes of exercise. Well... I was definitely wrong. I got through the whole Level 1 video but I did have to pause it several times! I felt great after but I was SO tired. Today I am too sore in most places but my thighs are hurting quite a bit. I didn't have any issues with the cardio or abs but the rest just killed me. I definitely followed the beginners on the pushups!! No more than 5 seconds break? Hah! Maybe next week lol. I had intended to follow it up with a short run/walk but my treadmill was making some funky noises so I'm going to check all the nuts and bolts and try again tonight. I hope it's not something seriously wrong with it, my dog runs on the treadmill for 45 minutes twice a day (good way to keep apartment dogs healthy!)

Regardless, I really enjoyed the workout and I can't wait to do it again tonight. I think it's going to produce some really good results. I'm not following the diet plan but I am eating extremely clean. I am weighing my food and tracking my intake. I am still working on learning exactly how to eat right because I find myself not eating enough.

The weight loss goals are progressing and 30 day shred will definitely help the process along by strengthening my muscles and helping me build lean body mass to replace the fat I'm melting off. Good luck to you all ladies! I'm here for support. <3

Replies

• tigjer
    tigjer Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good job! It gets easier!!
  • kwunder4
    kwunder4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It really does get easier very soon!! I hated my first day and said lots of mean things to Jillian, but by the 3rd day it was much smoother. I'm only on day 5, but I can already get through the workout much easier and am working on moving away from the "modifications" to the full moves. I'm really hoping that if we stick with this, we'll come out the other side MUCH stronger and healthier and feeling much better!! I've started about a million different plans/workout videos/etc. and never finished, so my goal is to finish it, no matter what. I'm also not really following a specified "diet" but trying to eat very cleanly, and have been surprised that I need to eat more than I thought. I think in the past when I've gone on a "diet" I've eaten way too few calories, felt terrible after a few days, and given up, so it's been really helpful to be tracking my calories closely and having a set caloric intake goal. It's also surprising how much more FOOD I can eat when it's fruits/veggies/lean meat/etc. instead of pizza/wings/french fries!!!
  • kelsafish
    kelsafish Posts: 39
    Options
    That's good news. I am excited to try it again tonight when I get home from work (I have a VERY busy desk job, if you can't tell!) I definitely had to do some of the moves modified and I'm sure I will have to tonight because I'm really sore but we'll see how it goes.

I'm planning on sticking with it for sure! I've seen the results and they look like it's worth all the trouble. I've never tried workout vids before, I've always been a gym rat. I'm trying to save up for some stuff so paying for the gym isn't on my to-do list right now. I'm getting used to working out at home though. It saves a lot of time.

I tried to eat more today, brought a lot more food to work than I normally do. I wasn't hungry but I'll still have a rather large deficit. I'll aim for a big dinner to compensate for my workout.
  • jlux08
    jlux08 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am taking the plastic off my copy and will be starting in the morning :)
  • tammatha1
    tammatha1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    LOL Jlux08, love the comment. :flowerforyou:
  • kelsafish
    kelsafish Posts: 39
    Options
    I am taking the plastic off my copy and will be starting in the morning :)

Good luck! Let us know how it goes :)
  • Aj2998
    Aj2998 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I woke up early and had my first go at level 1!
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I did Day 1, Level 1 last night and I have some very sore knees today :( I can feel it in other muscular places lol and funny thing, I didnt have any hand weights so I used bean cans and I can feel THAT too. Im surprised !! Id like to be able to keep going but Im not sure with the knee thing...
  • gritty1
    gritty1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I used beans too, have just brought some weights today.

Will the knee thing make sure your knee is not going over your toes on any workout as that will make them hurt more. I find it very hard to make sure when doing the one where you go either side with a straight outside leg, Not sure i can push my bum any further back.:laugh:
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Im pretty careful. I did get some hand weights and have used those the last 2 days. I also cant do the jumping jacks (knees) so I do the jump rope thing instead.

But wow, its only been three days and I swear I see a difference in tone !