Week of June 25th Challenge!

Options
lissa0040
lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
Hello Everyone!

Leader board!

Congrats to Lisa who was the only person who reported reaching last week's goal. :flowerforyou: Come on everyone! (including myself) let's not leave her hanging again!

Welcome all of the new people! It is a new week so let's start a new challenge. We are slowing things down again this week to see if we can get participation up. There is still going to be burpees in the "new to the workout" section and we are keeping other numbers on the lower side. Raising the numbers this week but not back to the intensity we were doing a month ago. Don't worry we will get there and keep in mind when things speed up you can always do the beginners version if you need to! Jump in everyone! The challenge is a source of motivation and support! smile

This week the goal is to get in 12 miles of cardio! You can walk/jog/run (if you bike just count minutes like the classes) If 12 miles is too much and you are just starting out try for 6 miles. Those of you who love your classes (zumba etc.) let's shoot for 180 minutes of exercise -- That's 30minutes of exercise 6 times a week or 3 one hour classes.

New to the workout: 12 Burpees! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6VxBHBdrJA&feature=fvwrel

flowerforyou I will never post your actual weight but I would like to add a weekly loser section. Example Melissa lost 1.4pounds this week! To the beginning of the leader board! So include your weight progress in your results for honorable mentions!

*** if you finished the goals but didn't check back in time -- remember that I collect data on Sunday night turn in your results to be included on the leader board ***

*** I am NOT a doctor consult a physician for clearance if you need to do so! ****

Replies

• Wendy__D
    Wendy__D Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    180 minutes of cardio? Okay, let me finally try a challenge! :-) I should totally be able to knock this out! :-D
  • lissa0040
    Options
    180 minutes of cardio? Okay, let me finally try a challenge! :-) I should totally be able to knock this out! :-D

Yay!! Wendy welcome to the challenge! :smile:
  • tpcockrell
    tpcockrell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • lika50
    lika50 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo! Back from camping and ready to work out! Getting a late start this week (my first workout will be on Wed), so I'll have to kick it into high gear... Love these challenges! Very motivating! :bigsmile:
  • lissa0040
    Options
    So glad the board is comin' alive! Welcome challengers!

I have to vent for a second. So you know how last week I talked about not wanting to be the fat girl in an exercise class who can't keep up? Welllll.. my new trainer suggested I attend a "cardio" class (mostly kettle bells and kick boxing he said) it was HELL. And not hell like I am exaggerating but could keep up. I mean burpee after burpee and all other kinds of exercises that have to do with jumping fast or holding your own body weight. I haven't come that close to crying in public in a really long time. What a bummer. I felt like such a fatso. Oh well I did what I could but I ended up leaving 10 minutes before it ended because the teacher had gone into double time mountain climbers, burbees, windmills and these weird push-ups you do on your tip toes dipping forward with your head not your chest.-- I was just ready to go.

I will not let this get me down. I will shake it off and go at my own pace. On the plus side I think I can fairly count 40 of the minutes as real exercise. Hope you are all doing well! ~ Melissa
  • Wendy__D
    Options
    So glad the board is comin' alive! Welcome challengers!

I have to vent for a second. So you know how last week I talked about not wanting to be the fat girl in an exercise class who can't keep up? Welllll.. my new trainer suggested I attend a "cardio" class (mostly kettle bells and kick boxing he said) it was HELL. And not hell like I am exaggerating but could keep up. I mean burpee after burpee and all other kinds of exercises that have to do with jumping fast or holding your own body weight. I haven't come that close to crying in public in a really long time. What a bummer. I felt like such a fatso. Oh well I did what I could but I ended up leaving 10 minutes before it ended because the teacher had gone into double time mountain climbers, burbees, windmills and these weird push-ups you do on your tip toes dipping forward with your head not your chest.-- I was just ready to go.

I will not let this get me down. I will shake it off and go at my own pace. On the plus side I think I can fairly count 40 of the minutes as real exercise. Hope you are all doing well! ~ Melissa

Hang in there, Melissa. Even if you've been exercising a lot a new routine like that can be very hard. On the up side that means those kind of things usually get a bit easier with time if you did want to go back. Regardless, great job sticking it out and going in the first place, and even more for not letting it get you down! :-)

Tonight I set my Exerbeat game for 80 minutes. Whew, it used to be suuuuper hard to get through the three and five minute segments, and now I can... well, kinda do much longer ones and have them strung together. :-)
  • sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I have been on vacation to Myrtle Beach this past week. I also had a wedding when I got back and drove like a mad woman to get back to in time (16 hours not counting traffic). It had been a roller coaster at work as well the week before. Anyway, all excuses behind me and now to start at the gym today. I hope to catch up with the exercises.

Welcome to all the new people! Keep up the hard work!
  • lissa0040
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I have been on vacation to Myrtle Beach this past week. I also had a wedding when I got back and drove like a mad woman to get back to in time (16 hours not counting traffic). It had been a roller coaster at work as well the week before. Anyway, all excuses behind me and now to start at the gym today. I hope to catch up with the exercises.

Welcome to all the new people! Keep up the hard work!

Yay!! Welcome back Sarita!

Thanks for the encouragement. I should have been smarter about it because I could tell the class was too much for me but I let others pressure me into trying it.
  • lissa0040
    Options
    Status check! How is everyone doing? I have been a mess at logging this week but I have been putting the time in. I had two exams and a 12 page paper due this past week. I wasn't so great about writing everything down BUT this upcoming week is considerably slower in the school department. If it does picks up again I bought myself a little notebook to carry around all day because phones aren't aloud and I need to write down things while still fresh in my mind! Last week I hired a trainer and besides getting to talk to him and taking a class at the gym we haven't had any one on one time. SO tomorrow is the big day. I meet with him at 7:30am (which might not sound early to most but is WAY early for me to be up and out of the house) and we'll see! I am more than a little nervous that class was way more than I expected.Enough about me how are you!?!?
  • lika50
    lika50 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Oooh, have fun with your trainer tomorrow! Don't be nervous - I'm sure you'll do great! Trainers are worth their weight in gold - I'd kill to have one!

My activity level his past week was nowhere near the week before. I missed three days due to our camping trip, so my cardio total was 180 minutes (of Tae Bo, Elliptical and bike) spot on. I did fifteen burpees and discovered that they are not getting any easier - YET! (But they will. Oh yes, they will!)

Ready for this new week when I'll be back on my regular schedule - and hopefully will be much more motivated. Time to kick it up a notch...

Hope everyone has a great week ahead!

Lisa :drinker:
  • Wendy__D
    Options
    This week was good for cardio! I did a wii fitness thing (boxercise, latin dance, hip hop & aerobics) for 328 minutes. And a little bit of walking but my main workouts were with the wii. :-)

How about everyone else?
  • sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Ok, I was able to get the 180 minutes of training completed. Boy, did I need to get back in the swing of things. I need to focus on my food tracking. Lisa could we make that part of the challenge for this week? This has been very challenging for me these past 2weeks. Hey, Lisa, how did it go with the trainer?

Thanks