July Challenge

Options
kristinlien04
kristinlien04 Posts: 38 Member
Hi Everyone! As I am sure you have heard, or fearless leader, Donna, is resigning from leading up this group. I have volunteered to lead the group, so if you would like to be part of the July Challenge please let me know!

I will do my best to learn the spreadsheet and Donna's process and try to continue doing the daily challenges and weekly updates, etc... but please be patient with me as I learn all of this :) I have really enjoyed being a part of this challenge, and I am happy to lead it up as we move forward! Hope you are all as excited as I am to continue!

A little about me: I have been overweight most of my life. After I had my first daughter in 2008 my weight sky rocketed, and at that point I knew I had to make some changes. Throughout the next 10 months or so I lost 80 pounds with diet and exercise and MFP, I was feeling good and confident - something I haven't felt in a long time! I started running, which I really oddly enjoyed - the thought of running used to scare the crap out of me! I completed 4 5ks and one 7k and was getting ready to run my first 10k in April of 2011, but then I found out I was pregnant again! During my second pregnancy I gained 51 pounds and wanted to cry!! After I had my child in December of 2011, I lost about 17 pounds of the 51 that I had gained and then got stuck. So February of 2012 is when I decided to join MFP again. I still had 34 pounds of pregnancy weight to lose and then planned on losing another 30-40 on top of that. I am very happy to say that as of today I have lost 38.4 pounds! By the time my baby turned 6 months old (june 12) I had lost all 51 pounds that I gained while I was pregnant! Woohoo!! So now I am on my journey of losing the next 30 or so pounds, trying to get back into running and really trying to start toning up a bit. I am trying to make this a lifestyle change this time around, something that I can maintain my entire life, and not just be dieting forever!

I have a blog here http://the-lien-family.blogspot.com/ although I am not the best at updating it :) I look forward to leading up this challenge and getting to know you all better!

Cheers,
Kristin

Replies

• soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm in again for sure! :)
  • wowsuzie
    wowsuzie Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks again for taking on the challenge....I lost 10 pounds with Donna in December...in May I gained 5 of it back for some weird reason. So my goal is to lose the 5, and an additional 5 on top of that....130 is my goal, & I hope to really do it & stick with it by Thanksgiving....love u guys!
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am def in to continue this. I am a school nurse and now when I saw my last yearbook pic, I vowed that I need to look better before the next. Anyhow, I've have a goal of 30lbs off by the next school year and I'm down to 13lbs off. I've started running and love it. I'm not very good at it. Signed up for my first 5K in Aug and it's not about coming in 1st but about coming in and finishing what I started. I am starting to focus back on myself for awhile and can't wait to see what is in store.
  • kristinlien04
    Options
    Alright, I have you 3 listed for the challenge! I have the spreadsheet all ready to go, I hope I have all the forumlas right, lol!

Wowsuzie - that is totally a reachable goal by Thanksgiving, you can do it!!

CBaumgardner - good for you focusing on yourself! That's what I am trying to do too! I am a wannabe runner too :) I started running again in March of this year after I had my daughter in December, I have good running days, and really bad running days. I'm doing a 5k on July 15th - I'm excited, but really have no amazing expectations! You can totally reach your goal of losing that next 17 before the next school year!

I'll plan on sending out an email with the spreadsheet this weekend - then anyone that I missed can still send me a message and I can add them, and anyone that wants to join can still join.

~Kristin
  • missoularocks
    missoularocks Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge! However, I will not be around to log July 16-20 (going on vacation where there is no internet access). Is it ok if I am still part of the group? Thanks, nikki
  • kristinlien04
    Options
    Of course it's ok to join the challenge, even if you will be on vaca! Hope you have a great vacation... I am going to send you a friend request and a message - I will need your email address to add you to the database! Thanks! Kristin
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Count me in on the next challenge too Kristin! I would hate to miss out. I haven't been doing great on it recently because there have been so many major events going on around me. The situation in the country I live in has been far from stable, so it has been a roller-coaster ride over the past three months. But the discipline of being involved in this challenge has at least prevented me from GAINING weight (when I could so easily just have turned to food!) so I am grateful - and will work hard at LOSING it from now on!

THANK YOU for agreeing to take over the lead Kristin. I am sure you will do a fabulous job.

Ali
  • vivianleemit
    vivianleemit Posts: 112
    Options
    Please add me for July? :)
  • kristinlien04
    Options
    Hi Ali! I've got you added for the July challenge! So glad you are going to stay a part of this group!

Vivianleemit - I'm going to send you a friend request and a message to ask for your email address so I can get you added!

Thanks guys!
    Kristin
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Thanks for taking this on!
  • diletta24
    diletta24 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    thank you kristin for takink on Donna's leading role!
    You'll notice I am the one who fill the chart with too much words ;) Donna never complained about, if you will I'll understand :)
    thanks as well for sharing your story!

of course, I am in again for july as I did in may/june ( I did not lost a ton of weight, but a good maintaining despite some slippery moments! our shared weight in keeps me motivated!)
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,069 Member
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for taking this over and for the email reminder you sent!
    I was wondering if you will be starting a July group?

Thank you so much, again!
    Linda
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to say hello! I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!!
  • cngeike
    cngeike Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I still want to be in. Thanks for heading this up