I know you guys will understand!!

Options
MistyWeeks
MistyWeeks Posts: 28 Member
Okay, so I started my weightloss journey - the most serious attempt I've made to be quite honest - back in January of this year. I'm down 25 pounds... not as much as I'd hoped, but better than I was... still have a long way to go.

On to the good part... for weeks now I've been wearing the same clothes I've had for ages, but I'm to the point where I am always pulling them up or having to wear a belt. Not going to buy new clothes yet because I want to lose more before I spend the money (might wait until the new school year since I'm a teacher). Anyway... I knew I had some "skinny pants" in the closet that I'd been holding onto until I'd lost weight. They're all a couple sizes smaller than what I was wearing when I started. Getting ready to go on a cruise in a couple of weeks and figured I'd better check to see if I had anything that fit. Those pants in the back of the closet fit again! I felt like dancing!! I have three nice pant suits still hanging in the back.. gotta couple more sizes to go before I can get into them, but I'm on my way!!

I was going to post this on Facebook, but there are people there that just wouldn't understand. I'm so proud of myself and getting into those pants is even more motivation!! Thanks for letting me share my happy moment here!!!! =)

Replies

• katycat24
    katycat24 Posts: 32
    Options
    That's wonderful!!! Congratulations on your weight loss!!! I know that has got to feel great.
  • MistyWeeks
    MistyWeeks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks KatyCat!! It does feel awesome!
  • Empressmee
    Empressmee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Isn't that the best feeling??
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I started my weightloss journey - the most serious attempt I've made to be quite honest - back in January of this year. I'm down 25 pounds... not as much as I'd hoped, but better than I was... still have a long way to go.

On to the good part... for weeks now I've been wearing the same clothes I've had for ages, but I'm to the point where I am always pulling them up or having to wear a belt. Not going to buy new clothes yet because I want to lose more before I spend the money (might wait until the new school year since I'm a teacher). Anyway... I knew I had some "skinny pants" in the closet that I'd been holding onto until I'd lost weight. They're all a couple sizes smaller than what I was wearing when I started. Getting ready to go on a cruise in a couple of weeks and figured I'd better check to see if I had anything that fit. Those pants in the back of the closet fit again! I felt like dancing!! I have three nice pant suits still hanging in the back.. gotta couple more sizes to go before I can get into them, but I'm on my way!!

I was going to post this on Facebook, but there are people there that just wouldn't understand. I'm so proud of myself and getting into those pants is even more motivation!! Thanks for letting me share my happy moment here!!!! =)

Congratulations!!! I more than understand, I am right there with you. I just put on those same jeans the other day and could not believe I fit into them again. I was motivated to try on a couple other back of the closet items and to my surprise I have a few new things to wear.

Keep up the great work!!
  • radicalrunner
    Options
    What an accomplishment! And easy on the wallet to boot! :) I'm SO happy to hear a great report!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Yay! I know how you feel, good job!
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I know the feeling! I just emptied my closet of one size and sent the clothes off to Salvation Army. I actually stood in the driveway and waved good-bye to them, and good-bye to the body that was. Like you, I still have a lot more to lose, so there will be more good-bye ceremonies.
  • Elizabethawc
    Elizabethawc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    congrats!! You will be in the others before you know it,
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    What an awesome feeling. You must be on cloud nine.
  • tamilynn2008
    tamilynn2008 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just joined yesterday! Reading your post was very encouraging....thank you for sharing.
    You must feel like a million bux!!!!
    Congratulations and keep on keepin on!