New to this, just want to check I am doing it right!

Options
deedlit90
deedlit90 Posts: 31 Member
Hi everyone!

Little bit of background for you before I start. I am 32 and currently weight 143lbs, I'm 5'6. I managed to lose about 50lbs around 5 years ago just through diet. I have been one of those silly people only eating around 1200 cals a day (although at the weekend I would eat whatever I wanted) and consequently I would get irritated with my 'diet', go off it, put on maybe 10lbs, go back on it, lose some of that weight, keep going in that spiral basically.

I have now started to really exercise, after years of not bothering, and have had bursts of doing well over the last year but then stopping. And while this was happening I was still trying to keep to 1200 cals a day, although I would eat back my exercise cals.

I’ve been on MFP for over a year as well, but never looked at the forums etc as I just did it all through my iphone. In the last month or so I have been looking at the forums and adding friends and then came across this group. After reading everything thoroughly I realised how silly I have been with my diet, especially now I am starting to exercise!

I am currently doing 30DS each week day, and C25K 3 times a week (mon-wed-fri), so in total I do about 4 hours a week exercise.

So, to calculate my BMR and TDEE I put down 3-5 hrs/wk of moderate exercise. (I have a desk job so get no exercise at work)

Here are my numbers:
BMR 1430
TDEE 2216
-15% cut 1884

So, I have been trying to NET at least 1430 cals a day (so when I exercise I eat back everything) and on the weekends when I don’t exercise I try not to eat over 1884.

I have been doing this now for 3.5 weeks, and have not put on or lost any weight. (Which I think is amazing for me by the way! I can’t believe how much I am eating, it feels great! Plus I have lost 6.5 inches around my body!)

I have read all the stuff about re-feeding, and I am feeling far hungrier than normal which I have read is perfectly fine and to be expected, but I just wanted to double check that I am doing this right and not over or under eating, especially at the weekends when I do no exercise….

Any comments would be appreciated! :wink:

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Isn't it just awesome? I think you are a great candidate for a diet break....you have been doing it for so long that your body would benefit from a full metabolism reset. There is a sticky thread on it. Basically eat your TDEE for eight weeks then go to a 10% cut to start the weightless moving again.

Lucia
  • deedlit90
    deedlit90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Brilliant I will check out the sticky thread! Thanks so much! :-)