your favorite gym or workout place in AR?

Options
mike_littlerock
mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
i am absolutely in love with Ross Strength and speed (but i realize its not for everyone).

we also belong to 10 Fitness, and use the Cantrell location because its so close to the house. I mainly use that one only on the weekends, and lately only when I am not swinging a sledge hammer or maddox in the back yard. lol

I am a former member of the LR Athletic club and also enjoyed it back then.

Replies

• JanieKelley
    JanieKelley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I also belong to 10 Fitness (as you know) I love going there at 4:30 AM to get a good workout before work. I also belong to the Centers for Youth and Family on 12th and Cleveland where I do Zumba on Monday and Thursday nights. It is such a fun work out! Now that I'm running... Kavanaugh Blvd is my favorite spot and on Saturday morning running with the LR Marathon training group is a blast! Little Rock is such a beautiful place! Great for biking and running and hiking. :happy:
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I'm not a member of any gym, etc. but we like to go to the Two Rivers Bridge and the Big Dam Bridge to ride our bikes. Tons of paved trails where you can bike for hours! If we're pressed for time, we ride bikes at Boyle Park because we live like 2 minutes away.

I've been wanting to go to the Centers For Youth & Families on 12th for a zumba class, so we'll see!

And I've also been curious about the 10 Fitness Clubs...is it REALLY just $10/month?!?
  • JanieKelley
    Options
    yes, it's $10 a month with some taxes too. And the zumba at Centers for Youth and Family is just $5 to try it out. If you join it's about $23 a month. They have a weight room and a room with treadmills too. Plus the pool. I love love love the zumba class! Instructors are great and the people are wonderful too! There are beautiful ladies there of all shapes and sizes! Young, old and in between. Great mix of wonderful people.
  • fedorpuppy
    fedorpuppy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    We have a gym at work and I've also been a member of Powerhouse (off Rodney Parham) and loved it. However, I'm definitely an outside kind of girl! I love the River Trail and affiliated parks, and you can't beat climbing Pinnacle (east face) for a good workout. I run with the LR Marathon group on Saturday mornings also, Janie I will be looking for you! You'll probably be way out front...:smile:
  • JanieKelley
    Options
    I'm not a very fast runner but please come up and say hello! I won't be there this Saturday because Mike and I are going to a Fitness Summit in Chicago! Hoping to get lots of new info and workouts to add to our routines! We will share with you all when we get back!
  • fedorpuppy
    fedorpuppy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Will do, and please share your Chicago information with us!

BTW, the Bible verse you have listed is my favorite. I've always wanted a running shirt with it on it, but hesitated as sometimes I say bad words when runs get long and thought that might raise eyebrows...
  • Charshel
    Charshel Posts: 15
    Options
    Recent news is that 10 Fitness bought Powerhouse! I think you have to have the Plus membership to go to that one though. It is only about $20 a month. I have the cheap $10/month membership and love it! Joined last Labor Day when they waived the $50 joining fee. I wonder if they will do that this year?
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Recent news is that 10 Fitness bought Powerhouse! I think you have to have the Plus membership to go to that one though. It is only about $20 a month. I have the cheap $10/month membership and love it! Joined last Labor Day when they waived the $50 joining fee. I wonder if they will do that this year?

what?? really? i have the preminum membership ill have to ask about this at the nlr location (where i go) lol that is really cool.
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I also belong to 10 Fitness (as you know) I love going there at 4:30 AM to get a good workout before work. I also belong to the Centers for Youth and Family on 12th and Cleveland where I do Zumba on Monday and Thursday nights. It is such a fun work out! Now that I'm running... Kavanaugh Blvd is my favorite spot and on Saturday morning running with the LR Marathon training group is a blast! Little Rock is such a beautiful place! Great for biking and running and hiking. :happy:

@JanieKelley - I'm curious about the Zumba classes at the Centers for Family & Youth on 12th St....what is the pace of the classes? Is it good for beginners or more advanced? I am a beginner with NO rhythm, etc. :blushing:
  • JanieKelley
    Options
    Zumba at Centers for Youth and Family is great for ANYONE! The instructors are great and will be very happy to help you. My advice is go to the back of the class and just do what you can. I sure don't have the moves that some of the ladies do but I sure have fun! You will see people there that are more advanced along with ones who do a modified step. You just have to try it! It only cost $5 to try the class. The music makes it so much fun, plus that people in the class are so nice! It's a very diverse group of people... I think that is what I like most about it!
  • JanieKelley
    Options
    Will do, and please share your Chicago information with us!

BTW, the Bible verse you have listed is my favorite. I've always wanted a running shirt with it on it, but hesitated as sometimes I say bad words when runs get long and thought that might raise eyebrows...

LOL! Thanks! I love that verse myself and God knows we slip... maybe if you do put that on your shirt it will help you to curve your tongue! LOL!

Chicago was amazing! Look up Rachel Cosgrove. She has a website. I bought her book! She is amazing! Between the session with her husband and her session, my booty got the workout of a lifetime! I will definately incorporate their workout into my routine!

Oh... and I did have Chicago Pizza! I don't even feel guilty after the workout I did! And it's a spluge. Mike and I try to eat clean 90% of the time and 10% we eat whatever we want. It's a plan that has worked for us. Between the two of us we have lost 100 lbs!
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    in my neck of the woods there is no gym but I do the Gold's gym cardiovascular work out on the wii.