Specific Challenge Ideas- Let's Brainstorm!

Options
VeggieKelli
VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
Hey guys! So I know it's midweek, but let's start thinking about what we want to work on challenge wise for the next bit! Been drinking too much, have a sweet tooth you want to challenge, or perhaps you just want to start incorporating more sit-ups into your routine? Let's brainstorm together so that in the following weeks we can challenge each other with specifics! I figure if we try to do three challenges a week, that way you can choose which ones you want to do and likely find something that applies.

Some ideas I have:

.I want to work on incorporating sit-ups, maybe a challenge like 5 minutes minimum a day/at least 5 days a week
.Running of course, speedwork, intervals, etc.
.jumping jacks/squats/lunges
.cutting out dairy or another problem food group
.not eating any desserts
.replacing one salad for one meal a day
.journaling emotions related to food (sounds a bit cheesy, but it can be enlightening sometimes!)

Just a few, let's hear what you guys want to work on so in future weeks we can incorporate them!!

Replies

• yankeecutie3
    Options
    I have a great ab workout that only takes 5 mins. It's called the 14 Day Ab Challenge!
    25 crunches
    25 crunches laying on your left side
    25 left knee touches
    25 crunches with your knees slightly bent
    25 crunches laying on your right side
    25 right knee touches
    25 crunches with your legs straight
    25 second plank
    25 leg lift butt raise crunches
    I know it seems like a lot but it goes by quickly! I think I'll try giving up desert for a week.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    for me just adding strength training a few days a week would be good ...i am currently doing none just cardio--and the same one i chose last week..cause i have been logging every day but my water intake has room for improvement
  • Nini136
    Nini136 Posts: 2
    Options
    I absoultely ADORE carbs-baked potatos, bread, chips, french fries, pizzas, etc etc. You get the idea. And since I'm vegetarian (except fish), I wasn't getting enough protein. So my specific challenge suuggestion would be to cut way down (essentially cut out) carbs for now and concentrate on getting the protein!
  • abbeyl11
    abbeyl11 Posts: 73
    Options
    Kelli I love your challenges keep em coming!! I didn't end up getting on the elliptical last night, but that's because I put away 5 baskets of clean laundry instead. My husband does all of the laundry (and the dishes, he's a saint), it's my job to fold and put away. I hate my job haha! I felt so accomplished getting that done, it had been hanging over my head. Now tonight I can go home and enjoy being home more because it's not hanging over my head! I have been so much more energized since starting my exercise routine! I am LOVING THE NEW ME!!!!

Challenge Ideas:
    Wear makeup every day (this one is something I've been doing and it makes a HUGE difference!)
    Log your food BEFORE you eat it
    Plan your meals for the day the night before
    Specific # of minutes worked out as a group
    Specific # of miles run as a group
    Get to know one member of this group well every week
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have a few challenges I'd like to tackle. I have been slowly working on them, but I'd like to make them actual challenges. I like the idea of doing them a week at a time for each one. Very doable.

Do more sit ups
    Cut out breads and pastas
    No pop of any kind
    64 oz of water a day
    Try a new fruit or veggie that you've never had
    Try a new fruit or veggie you didn't like in the past
    Try a new exercise that you haven't done in the past
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    I am really :heart: this group so far! So motivational and active! :bigsmile:

A challenge that I have been doing for myself this past week included me making FRESH smoothies at least every other day. I make green smoothies, fruit smoothies, and "sweet" smoothies. I think this would be a do-able and fun challenege for everyone (especially the Green Smoothies!). It is a great way to get in your vegetables/fruits

Here is a link about "how to make a green smoothie" (you can make it anyway you want really): http://youtu.be/eXr8-jru1KE

Here are some Youtube channels that relate to health that I try and go on at least once a week to keep me inspired and motivated!

Raw Food Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/EasyToBeRaw

Green Smoothie Girl - http://www.youtube.com/user/GreenSmoothieGirl

HgH:drinker:
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions guys!! We'll definitely be doing a lot of this, so great to have such an awesome and enthusiastic group going... keep up your spirits and know that we are all in this together, that's been helping me a lot so far! Thanks guys!
  • rayita001
    rayita001 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Kelli I love your challenges keep em coming!! I didn't end up getting on the elliptical last night, but that's because I put away 5 baskets of clean laundry instead. My husband does all of the laundry (and the dishes, he's a saint), it's my job to fold and put away. I hate my job haha! I felt so accomplished getting that done, it had been hanging over my head. Now tonight I can go home and enjoy being home more because it's not hanging over my head! I have been so much more energized since starting my exercise routine! I am LOVING THE NEW ME!!!!

Challenge Ideas:
    Wear makeup every day (this one is something I've been doing and it makes a HUGE difference!)

My husband does the same thing!! And I have the same job as you. I like your idea of getting to know a member of the group.
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Here is what I am going to do get myself up to the 2.2 pounds per week instead of the 1.5 I am currantly doing.

I will bike 6 days a week 10 miles( that is miles not km)
    I will use the weights at the gym ( hate weights)
    I will walk on my lunch hour whenever possible.

I have my carbs at 60 grams a day
  • squirrleydoodle
    squirrleydoodle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    a push up challenge!! altho i personally hate push ups lol. woohoo for building some upper body strength and toning up those arms!! :smile:
  • abbeyl11
    abbeyl11 Posts: 73
    Options

Challenge Ideas:

My husband does the same thing!! And I have the same job as you. I like your idea of getting to know a member of the group.

Thanks Rayita! I just sent you a friend request :)
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    a push up challenge!! altho i personally hate push ups lol. woohoo for building some upper body strength and toning up those arms!! :smile:
    Can they be girl pushups? I can do those.

My goal is to do 5 manly pushups by July 30.