I yr anniversary of the roux-en-y gastric bypass

Options
I get bored with eating the same foods over and over again. It's working but it is very boring. HELP! I have lost 153 lbs. and have 35 left to goal.

Replies

• MCunliffe
    MCunliffe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of sauces. I was at Target today and I found some great sounding sauces that are low fat and very low sugar. I am looking forward to sautéing, steaming, or baking different proteins and them brushing these sauces on to make the food moist and tasty. I am sure you have already tried many thinks but maybe not new sauces. I am on the other end an am just looking forward to eating food again!
  • MCunliffe
    MCunliffe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    what did you do to survive the shakes for two weeks. I think I am going to puke if I have to drink one more!
  • Darcylaw
    Darcylaw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am 18 months out and have spent some time looking on the internet for recipes and ideas on different things to eat.

Today, for a snack, I had a half of an Arnold's flax and whole grain thing with half a small avocado smeared on top with 3 slices of Hormel Natural Ham on top of that. Last night I sauteed shrimp with whole string beans and a little bit of buckwheat soba noodles and a couple of tablespoons of Whole Foods Hoison sauce... yummy!

There are a couple of really good bariatric cookbooks out there ... have you seen them?
  • hathor1943
    hathor1943 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I mixed instant coffee with the water before mixing the protein powder for the shake. I then pour it over ice and it's like a McDonalds iced coffee. It helped me because I gagged with the shakes but somehow lived thru it...
  • hathor1943
    hathor1943 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love salmon patties and they are high in protein. Drain a can of salmon, add an egg, some s&p and about 4 crushed low fat wheat thins. Form patties and heat in a non-stick pan (no oil) until heated through and slightly browned on each side. I make a sauce for them by heating 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt (the one that is 23 grams of protein in a cup) and adding some dill (dried or fresh) and a pinch of garlic powder. Makes it taste rich and yummy.