W4D3- done in a BIG way!!

Options
buckeyegirl0103
buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
Well, I was concerned after being off for 4 days and not feeling good or eating good the last 2! Well, guess I didn't have anything to worry about!! :smile: I went slow- very slow- but made it through all the runs. I decided- knowing what week 5 is bringing me- to add some extra time to the end of the last run- the 5 minute one right before cool down. That way I could time myself and try to get in 8 minutes to see if I was ready to do week 5. Well, not only did I do 8 minutes- but- I ran the entire cool down!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: That was 10 minutes straight!! I think I am ready to start week 5........

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME! Especially coming off a 4 day break! Great job!! Week 5 will be nothing for you!
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I was worried we lost you! Week 5 will be easy for you. I accidently skipped W5D1 today and I was fine so you'll have no problem at all!
  • buckeyegirl0103
    Options
    hahaha- can't lose me that easy! Weekends are hard to post- i try- but don't get in very often..... Then sick on monday- all i did was sit in front of the TV on the couch and watch Netflix all day! But I am back- and it feels good to know I can do this!!
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! You are doing GREAT!!! I'm still hanging back in Week 3 - I've done it SIX times now. Scared to death of the 5 min run. Waiting until I'm not wishing for death at the end of 3 min before I move on. :) You are seriously blowing this thing UP! :):)
  • buckeyegirl0103
    Options
    Well....it did help that Carrie Underwards song -before he cheats came on right at the start of the cool down run! :wink:
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Very inspiring.
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Well....it did help that Carrie Underwards song -before he cheats came on right at the start of the cool down run! :wink:

Hahahaaa...TOO funny. I have a whole play list of "inspirationaL" songs like this. I need to add this one to it!!!!!
  • buckeyegirl0103
    Options
    Yep- I have a very ecletic mix on my iPhone...... The last "run" started with Newsboys- Breakfast in Hell, then went on to Who Says by Selena Gomez and then Carrie- hahahahahahaha!!!
  • Danzavar
    Danzavar Posts: 8
    Options
    well done! I've also completed W4D3 this morning as well :)
  • kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's great. I did that on my last run too. Some days I am dying at the end of the runs, but if I still have some juice or find myself on a downhill section, I will keep going for 5 or ten minutes. It totally depends on the day. At the end of my run on Sunday, I decided to run past where I parked my car up a fairly steep hill, just so I could run by this huge cluster of lilac bushes. :flowerforyou:
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Way to push it!!
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! You are doing GREAT!!! I'm still hanging back in Week 3 - I've done it SIX times now. Scared to death of the 5 min run. Waiting until I'm not wishing for death at the end of 3 min before I move on. :) You are seriously blowing this thing UP! :):)

Don't be afraid of the 5 minute run. I think minute 3 is the worst, it gets better after that! It's weird, I think the whole running this is weird, though!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I agree! I thought those 3 minute runs were going to kill me. But after that week, the following have been kind of breezy, much more tolerable I should say!