Welcome

Options
Welcome to Myfitnesspal Phentermines user group!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Carfree24
    Carfree24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Funny, I have only posted on here a time or two, and your new group just happened to pop up! I started using phentermine 2 weeks ago and have already lost 10 lbs...I know that can't keep going on, though!
  • aydensmomma81
    Options
    why can't you keep going on?? the 10 lbs is awesome!! congrats!
  • cmje94066
    cmje94066 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I used Phentermine for about two years and every single time I lost weight, I gained thepounds right back. The other thing about these pills is it gave me the craziest mood swings and made me feel horrible. After a while, I just saw them as legal form of speed! Hated them after a while.
  • sonson41
    sonson41 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started back up on Phentermine yesterday. We will see what happens! Besides the insane headache I've had (which will taper off in a few days) I'm happy to be trying it again!
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've used these pills off and on for the last 15 years. I'm currently on them again because my doctor wants me to lose a minimum of 25 pounds. These work well for me for about 3 months and then nothing. The most I ever lost taking these was 30 pounds in three months. I had energy so I was walking/running 3 miles everyday, my appitite was suppressed so I wasn't taking in as many calories as I usually do. It was great. But then I got off of them, broke up with the boyfriend and put on 60 pounds. Ugh! I hate this roller coaster. Anyway, for the first week I also get headaches but then they stop. I'm really trying to lose and keep it off and never put the weight back on again. I don't have a boyfriend to blame this time. :laugh:
  • bigbabymamma
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I'm happy that I've finally found something that is working for me. I've lost 15 pounds so far and hoping to lose close to 20 pounds by the time I reach my 30 day mark.

My overall goal is to lose 100 pounds. I now believe that goal is obtainable.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi, all!

I used Bontril for 30 days and then moved up to Phentermine for the next 30 days. I'm in a 30-day "break" period right now where my doctor will not let me take anything. I can definitely tell a difference! I have been very hungry since I stopped taking it and my energy level has gone way down.

I can't wait until July 10 when I can start taking them again!
  • aydensmomma81
    Options
    why can't you keep going on?? the 10 lbs is awesome!! congrats!

NevermiNd I misread that lol
  • aydensmomma81
    Options
    I've hear you will gain it right back, I've been really concerned about that, however there's been a week here and a week there where I've had to take a break and i managed to maintain. Ohhh goodness I'd hate to gain it all back!!
  • Jjw1125
    Jjw1125 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm going into my third week taking phentermine. My first week, I lost 9 pounds. I go to weigh in, in the morning, and expect to have lost an additional 7 pounds. This brings a total to 16 lbs. I've been told unless lifestyle is changed, weight lost with be gained back after quitting. The thing about that is though, this is the truth with any diet whatsoever, really.
  • constantchaos05
    constantchaos05 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone new to the group!!!!! I started on Phen last week Monday and have lost 6LBS, feel great so far!! This is my last ditch effort before lapband. I have been on every diet, fad, pill, known to man and woman. I have 12 months before my 20 year reunion, I promise you I will not show up the size I am now there!!
  • Jjw1125
    Jjw1125 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    you can do it!
  • meikab22
    meikab22 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello All, My first time using Phentermine was in December 2009. By June of 2010, I had lost 55 lbs; the bulk coming off within the first 3 months. My doctor began to wean me off in August of 2010 and I wish I had truly planned for the "temptation" as I began gaining back the weight between November and January; almost 15lbs. The one good thing about the weight loss was better health and a boost in the fertility department as in March I learned I was pregnant and was overjoyed as our daughter was 13 at the time and although we hoped for more kids, none came until recently.

Once you're off the meds, you have to remain vigilent as its very easy to slip back into bad habits. I've recently started back on Phentermine but this time around is not nearly as easy as I felt it was the 1st time.

Advice to those with side effects; headaches & mood swings should taper off within the first few weeks; if not notify doc and check the dosage. Resist processed sugars and overly sweet treats when you "cheat" as they lead to a downward spiral quick. Also, tons of water are a must and routine cardio goes a long way in helping to bring the weight off quick while at the same time allowing you to tone your body. Keep nutrition plan and exercise goals going especially after you're off the meds. Good luck to us all.
  • constantchaos05
    constantchaos05 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello All, My first time using Phentermine was in December 2009. By June of 2010, I had lost 55 lbs; the bulk coming off within the first 3 months. My doctor began to wean me off in August of 2010 and I wish I had truly planned for the "temptation" as I began gaining back the weight between November and January; almost 15lbs. The one good thing about the weight loss was better health and a boost in the fertility department as in March I learned I was pregnant and was overjoyed as our daughter was 13 at the time and although we hoped for more kids, none came until recently.

Once you're off the meds, you have to remain vigilent as its very easy to slip back into bad habits. I've recently started back on Phentermine but this time around is not nearly as easy as I felt it was the 1st time.

Advice to those with side effects; headaches & mood swings should taper off within the first few weeks; if not notify doc and check the dosage. Resist processed sugars and overly sweet treats when you "cheat" as they lead to a downward spiral quick. Also, tons of water are a must and routine cardio goes a long way in helping to bring the weight off quick while at the same time allowing you to tone your body. Keep nutrition plan and exercise goals going especially after you're off the meds. Good luck to us all.

Thanks thats some great advice, and congratulations!!!!!
  • cgunter78
    cgunter78 Posts: 1
    Options
    I think the biggest mistake people make (me included) is that they quit journaling once they reach their target weight. It is so easy to forget what you ate during the day and go over if you don't keep up with it. Myfitnesspal actually has a maintence setting on it and I intend to fully use it once I get to my goal.
  • aydensmomma81
    Options
    Yes great advice! One thing I have learned the 2 months being on it is the junk I use to eat- the portion sizes, i think after I'm done with phen I can manage my portion sizes better. This has taught me about calories and sugars. What I can and can't eat- if I eat something I shouldn't - That scale sure does let me know!! I have a long ways to go and this is my last chance before I consider surgery!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello All. I am new to the group. I started taking Phentermine on June 18 and have lost around 11 lbs so far. I am only taking half a pill a day (as recomenened by my doctor) and still am having a hard time eating my 1200 calories. I have completely changed my way of eating and I am working out alot more now.
  • tgbyfield
    tgbyfield Posts: 62
    Options
    Hello All,

Boy am I happy I found this group. I made the mistake of posting a topic about phentermine in the main forums and the thread was locked by site administrators because the debate got a little too heated. People can be pretty brutal about the weight loss medication. I personally think that everyone should do what best for their own bodies. If one way of losing weight worked for everyone, we'd all be thin. Am I right?
  • Ariana120689
    Ariana120689 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Boy am I happy I found this group. I made the mistake of posting a topic about phentermine in the main forums and the thread was locked by site administrators because the debate got a little too heated. People can be pretty brutal about the weight loss medication. I personally think that everyone should do what best for their own bodies. If one way of losing weight worked for everyone, we'd all be thin. Am I right?

I agree. I seen the forum. People are just plain old ignorant.
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    tgbyfield: Glad you made it through that post...it was getting brutal, but I couldn't stop reading...and getting mad! I have only been on phentermine for a week, but if I can answer any questions you have, please let me know. It's best to have as much information as possible before deciding how to proceed.

Hope everything is going well for everyone else. Today was the first day I have been on phentermine that the scale did not show a loss. I think the mesquite chicken I had yesterday must have had a lot of sodium. Regardless, I have still lost about 4 pounds in a week! And I had been pretty much stuck since March!