Starting Again - 05/31/12

Options
MissAmyB80
MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
I joined this group like a month ago and never actually started the program. Boo!!!
So tonight - I COMMIT to starting. And I'm gonna report back to this thread to update my progress and keep myself accountable.

I completed Cto5K last summer/fall and ran three 5ks in the fall. I felt AMAZING. Strong. Successful. I loved it.
Then I quit over the winter - despite buying a treadmill to keep up. I failed. Boo.

Now I can't run more then 60 seconds.

No more excuses. No more disappointment. Back to square 1 - and that's ok!!

It's cold and rainy - and I forgot my iPod at home. But that's not gonna stop me!!! I'll report back tomorrow to let you know how it went!!! :tongue:

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I bet you'll be back up at it in no time!
  • MissAmyB80
    Options
    Gah - planning to run in about 2 hours. It's currently POURING down rain.
    Listen up Mother Nature - I know my garden needs your help..maybe the lawn too. But let's have a 30 min time out. K, thanks?
  • MissAmyB80
    Options
    I did it!! Woot!! Despite the COLD and the rain. Despite no iPod. I went out and did W1D1.

I ended up staying out for about an hour. I walked another half hourish after I was done with the W1D1. Thursday nights the girls are with their Dad so it's nice to take as much time as I want. Other nights if I'll just be doing the straight C25K program.

Total distance - 3.39 miles
    Total burn - 432 cals

Hoping tomorrow morning to do W1D2.
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just started too- on Wednesday- was going to do day 2 today and it was raining and very cold here this morning-

My girls are with their dad for the summer (6 weeks) out of state. :-( So I figured now would be the good time to get going and keep going with the program! Good luck to you!
  • MissAmyB80
    Options
    I just started too- on Wednesday- was going to do day 2 today and it was raining and very cold here this morning-

My girls are with their dad for the summer (6 weeks) out of state. :-( So I figured now would be the good time to get going and keep going with the program! Good luck to you!

Hey - I am going to send you a FR. My girls are spending 4 weeks with their dad - part of my reason for refocusing. I need something to keep my mind busy while they are away - or else I getting totally funky!! I think I might have a bit of seperation anxiety!!! :)
  • MissAmyB80
    Options
    :love: Feel AWESOME today.
    Woke up and had breakfast. Called my bestie and asked her to watch my girls for 40 min while I did W1D2 - well she said let's leave all the kiddos with her oldest daughter and she would come.

How awesome is that?????

And W1D2 was much easier then D1 - despite still having some pretty sore muscles in my thighs and butt.

Afterwards I got the girls and we went on a 30 min bike ride.

LOVE this new life.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

:love: :love: :love: :love:
  • buckeyegirl0103
    Options
    Sounds awesome!! I was no where near as sore this morning after W1D2 last night. I want to take the dog for a walk to walk off Olive Garden- (met one of my mom's friends for dinner with my mom and her daughter-didn't have lunch today because I knew we were going) ANYWAY- right as I was getting ready to change, my girls called! They needed to go and said they would call back so now I am waiting for them!

So understand about the separation anxiety......will have to message you sometime about mine! :-)

Have a good evening!!
  • MissAmyB80
    Options
    Well....squeezed in W1D3 today unexpectedly.

Didn't really think it would happen since I just did D2 yesterday - but I sent my friend a joking text asking if she was too sore or wanted to go again. And she said - SURE - let's do it!! So brought her older daughter over to watch my little ones and we got in D3!! :)

Felt super awesome about it. Definetely less sore!! Not sure if I'll do week 1 again or ready to move to W2 next time. Pry depends on when I get to go again....

Feeling super fab!!!
  • focus41
    focus41 Posts: 5
    Options
    I like the honesty here...I too joined myfitnesspal and this group about a month ago and have not been able to remain consistent. Its always nice to know you can always begin again.....hang in there as will I!
  • MissAmyB80
    Options
    Didn't get any training in yesterday. I thought I could pry fit it in - but didn't think I should push it and do three days in a row. Now I feel like I pry need to get it in tonight somehow - but it will be tricky. My oldest daughter is in dance and her recital is this weekend - and tonight is stage rehearsal. Should be full of drama and chaos. Most likely my only chance will be on the treadmill after bedtime for the kiddos. Which is my all time LEAST favorite option.

1 - I hate to exercise that late.
    2 - Prefer to run outside to the treadmill.

But it is what it is. And if it's that - or lose momentum - then I better hit the treadmill.

Next week my girls will be at their dad's for the whole week. Plenty of time for me and can run after work everyday if I want. Don't want to waste the start I already have by not pushing through these next couple of stressful days - by whatever means necessary!! It's only 30 min right? :)
  • buckeyegirl0103
    Options
    Right!! Totally understand. Has been my excuse while the girls were with me. Too hard to get going, not enough time, girls have to leave to early to school....blah...blah....blah. That's why I am starting now while they are gone, then I can continue when they come back because I will have had a taste of success!! You will want to get out there while they are gone- keep from going crazy! (at least it is for me....)
  • MissAmyB80
    Options
    I diiiiiiid it!!!! I feel like a ROCKSTAR.

I got home a few min early....quick changed - and hit the pavement. Squeezing in a street run before I got my girls from the sitter. I ended my run at the sitter's house (only 2 blocks from mine) and we walked home and ate a quick dinner before dance chaos began.

Man - I just feel SO GOOD!!!!

It was my 4th time - but I did week 1 again. I know I am ready to move to week 2 now!!
  • buckeyegirl0103
    Options
    YAY you!! Way to go! So glad you were able to get it in!!
  • MissAmyB80
    Options
    Well.....I went 3 days without running. My last go at Week 1 was on Tuesday. Then I didn't find anytime to get out Wed-Fri.

Yesterday morning I did though!!! Finally did W2D1. And I felt good! I went with my best friend again - AND - my 7 year old. I thought that was pretty awesome. Yeah - she complained a lot - but she did it!!

We ended up staying out about 40 min total and got about 2.2 mi in. Not exactly an impressive pace - my GPS atcually said our avg pace was quite slow - a lot slower then the days we did W1. I pace a bit better by myself. But I'm not gonna complain - because I LOOOOOVE that they are doing it with me!!

Planing in a couple hours to head to the park with BF again to do another go at week 2.

Then - my girls are with their Dad until Thur this week. So I plan to be reporting back daily with my run update. :) Hold me to it CT5K Friends!!

On June 21st I start in a 5K training group in my town. This was how I trained for my 5K last year. But I was starting from scratch. I should be on week 3 or 4 by then - so I'm anxious to see what a difference it makes to have a good head start. Plus I was a "newbie" last time - never having run at all before. And I think I've learned some valuable lessons. At one point last year I was down 2 weeks with knee pain and swelling. I know now I have to ice my knees after every run and take a joint supplement - so hopefully I can avoid any set-back injuries this time. If so - I'm hoping I can smoke my race time from last year!!!
  • Lilsluvsliverpool
    Options
    Well done that is awesome. I have never been a runner and I am starting W3 D1 tonight and I am looking forward to it although if it keeps up this hot and humid out I may wait until I go to the gym and do it tomorrow morning.

I have a 5K in July so I hope I will be able to do it!
  • MissAmyB80
    Options
    Did W2D2 yesterday! It was good!!! Picked up the pace a bit from what I did on Day 1. Hoping to maybe get another go in tonight.....depending on weather. If not - definetely tomorrow after work! :)
  • MissAmyB80
    Options
    Got out again last night for W2D3. Not sure I'm ready for week 3 yet. But my W2 has been 3 consecutive days. So I may do it a few more times until it has been a whole week. Right now my kids are with their Dad - so I'm enjoying being able to go run everyday if I want to. It's a great way to keep myself focused and clear my head!!!
  • MissAmyB80
    Options
    Well.....despite other "issues" in my life right now - I have pressed on with couch to 5K.

I've been battling some emotionl eating the last few nights....gah. And last night either that - or some bad sushi - got the best of me and I was SICK most the night. But earlier last night - before all that (which I know you wanted to hear about) I did Week 2 again.

Today I stayed home from work - since I was up most of the night. And I rested and was feeling a ton better. Sooooo....I just came in from doing W3D1. Holla!!

I debated the absurdity of it - after having been sick all night. But my daughters come home from their dad's tonight - so running will again requires creativity and scheduling - so thought I'd take advantage of my last night to just run without having to worry about it......
  • buckeyegirl0103
    Options
    (((hugs))) I still have 23 more days till mine come home...... Way to go on the W3D1!! I did W3D2 today. Glad you are feeling better! :happy:
  • MissAmyB80
    Options
    Well..I've clearly dropped the ball on staying accountable on this thread!!

BUT - I have still been doing my runs. I'm sort of in a rut though. I've now officially done week 3 - SIX times.
    I keep pumping myself up and saying this is the last time I will do it. Then I go out and the first 90 second run seems like I'm at square 1. I'm telling myself - no way in hell will I get through 3 min. But I do....but by like 2 min in I am STARRING at my watch...begging for the seconds to tick by faster.

The second 3 min run is usually not nearly as bad.

But still....if it would just get a LITTLE easier I might be able to convinve myself that I can handle moving on to week 4.

I need to JUST DO IT!!

I'm an advocate for repeating if needed. Last year when I did the program I think it took me like 8 weeks to get to week 4!! :embarassed: But I still eventually ran the whole 5k. So I know I can do this....

So yeah - even though I've not been around...I've been here and still pounding the pavement.