CT Summer Meet-up is July 14th....

Options
JPLYLER09
JPLYLER09 Posts: 78 Member
at Wadsworth Falls State Park in Middletown CT
Time - TBD

For those planning on coming if you wouldn't mind just give a total #.... example we would be 2 Adults 2 Children (2, 6 months)this way we can plan accordingly

From my understanding
Jackiales - is the Food/Potluck Coordinator.

DancingNancies-is planning the hike or hikes...

Do we have any takers on coordinating other type of games? like Ultimate frisbee, volleyball, kickball as suggested by Jackiales.
Also stuff for the little ones to do

Lots of newbies to the group, hopefully we can get a good turn out... Looking forward to meeting you all soon.

Replies

• kbd388
    kbd388 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    sounds like fun! this is the same day as my class reunion :) maybe next time!
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    hmm I might be able to make it. :) we'll see
  • MotivateMeg
    MotivateMeg Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    2 Adults, 3 children (ages 5,7,8) :)

And I can help with anything! I'm only a 10 min drive from the park. :)
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    2 adults!
  • JPLYLER09
    Options

maybe you can plan the activities for kids :)
  • MotivateMeg
    MotivateMeg Posts: 110 Member
    Options

maybe you can plan the activities for kids :)

Sure! I know my kids like to just hang out and play in the sand/water with all of their buckets and shovels, but I can come up with a few structured activities. :)
  • JPLYLER09
    Options
    wow, it's only about 3 weeks away... WHO's GOING?????
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Booooo. I'll be out of state camping that weekend. Too bad, I am within 30 minutes of Middletown! I'll have to catch everyone at the next one!
  • Jen_Diaz725
    Jen_Diaz725 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined the group.:flowerforyou: What exactly is this summer Meet-Up all about?
  • BigBabba
    BigBabba Posts: 7
    Options
    Unless I need to babysit that day, I'll be there.
    1 adult, 2 children (5 and 6 years old)
  • JPLYLER09
    Options
    Hi, I just joined the group.:flowerforyou: What exactly is this summer Meet-Up all about?

We were just looking to meet fellow CT people... The Wadsworth Falls State Park in Middletown CT has a lot to do there... hiking, BBQ,swimming at the beach, fishing, you can even mountain bike... :smile:
  • jenni3001
    jenni3001 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I may be able to go, depending on the time and if my husband can watch my newborn.
  • Jackiales
    Jackiales Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I will bring homemade egg rolls (baked) with chicken, cabbage & carrots in addition to a case of water bottles.
    Can we establish a time?
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    should we do 11? i can bring my famous tuna with whole wheat shells and low fat mayo salad. my husband goes nutty over it!!
  • Jackiales
    Jackiales Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I am sending my deepest appologies. I've never backed out of anything before, especially sometime I'm part of organizing. But I was offered the opprotunity to hike Mt. Washington with a good group of ppl I know. I went to school in NH and never ventured that far. Now that I'm in pretty decent shape, I want to try to hike the mountain that Saturday 7/14.
    I'll still organize the pot luck if you'd like. I have no problem doing that, I just won't be attending :(
  • ccpace4
    ccpace4 Posts: 100
    Options
    I will try to make it
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't make it, summers are a busy time of year for me, we always have something to do. Enjoy yourselves!
  • JPLYLER09
    Options
    There is a possibility we won't be able to attend :sad:
  • Glovesave3373
    Glovesave3373 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I may be able to go, depending on the time and if my husband can watch my newborn.

Bring the husband and the newborn... this whole thing is to help strengthen the MFP support system... and even if he isn't on MFP he can learn more and understand your goal and the MFP experience.
  • NKolhar
    NKolhar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    gotta work on the 14th :,( next time hope u guys have a blast !