Competiton Prep help???

Options
I am recently coming off of an injury and am training for a comp in October. My bench wasn't severly affected by my injury. Not as much as squat and deadlift. Normally I would do a ten week training camp and try to peak at my comp but since I am coming off an injury I decided to start my heavy training now, Does this sound like a good idea. Or doea anyone think I will over train and plateau.

PS I have completed all rehab and have been cleared by my docs to start back.

Replies

• Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    You need to FR active power lifters. Easier to ask questions that way. Heres a couple, Udail is active and a judge, Phrak is the big dawg so far, he does PL and strongman. Theres a few others in this group. Build a circle of friends to help with advice. I just got back in the gym in January so I don't know what or when I will compete. I gotta get my numbers back up. As for your injury, are you at 100% yet?
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Personally I think you should always be training "heavy".
    You've still got a ton of time before the meet so just keep at it, and monitor your injuries.

Around 12-16 weeks out is when I'd start really dialing things in, practicing paused benches, using wraps or gear, etc.
  • ZacharyBear
    Options
    Yes I am 100% as in I am no longer affected by my injury, but no my lifts are not close to what they were.
  • ZacharyBear
    Options
    Thanks that helps a lot.

I hope I can get my weight back up and take first in my next meet.