What Are Your Length Goals?

Options

Replies

• emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    BamaGirl813 & Curvimami :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:

Nothing's nicer before morning coffee than two hot chickadees crushin' on me! :bigsmile:

I think a hairstyle thread is a great idea!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Hip length!
  • secretiive
    secretiive Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    No goal in mind, just want to retain as much as possible, but I've been known to hack it all off without a thought. I've always had long, thick hair, so at this point I don't have any attachments to my hair. BUT I'm just hoping I won't just up and cut it, I'm excited to see how long it will grow.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I once had a MBL (mid-back?) goal since I never could get my hair much below my shoulders. Blowdrying and combing put stress on my tresses. When I locked my hair, it grew pretty fast past my shoulders. Retaining length has been pretty simple since I only wash/go, twist/braid outs and style with my fingers.

Now that my hair is just below my waist, I plan to keep within an inch or two of my waist with trims. I may cut it to shoulder length after I've lost most of my excess weight though.

Why, why would you do that!? lol How did you get it to waist length after being stuck at shoulder length so long??

I stopped putting chemicals in my hair so it stopped breaking. My hair looks fuller at my shoulders so that is why I will probably cut it.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    No goal in mind, just want to retain as much as possible, but I've been known to hack it all off without a thought. I've always had long, thick hair, so at this point I don't have any attachments to my hair. BUT I'm just hoping I won't just up and cut it, I'm excited to see how long it will grow.

It will be nice to see how long you can get it, since you cut it whenever you like. I would love to be able to cut mine just cuz. knowing it grows so fast and long. lol.
  • Curvimami
    Options
    I once had a MBL (mid-back?) goal since I never could get my hair much below my shoulders. Blowdrying and combing put stress on my tresses. When I locked my hair, it grew pretty fast past my shoulders. Retaining length has been pretty simple since I only wash/go, twist/braid outs and style with my fingers.

Now that my hair is just below my waist, I plan to keep within an inch or two of my waist with trims. I may cut it to shoulder length after I've lost most of my excess weight though.

Why, why would you do that!? lol How did you get it to waist length after being stuck at shoulder length so long??

I stopped putting chemicals in my hair so it stopped breaking. My hair looks fuller at my shoulders so that is why I will probably cut it.

Oh well I can understand that. It has just taken me so long to figure out what I was doing wrong, that I couldnt imagine cutting it after all this time. Only dusting, minor trims, and search and destroys.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    As I posted earlier, my goal is hip length. I've just reached APL (was just past shoulder length in March!). I am considering going for classic, but let me just get to BSL first :laugh: :laugh:
  • emirror
    Options
    I checked my length today, and I am officially APL! Next up, bra strap! Huzzah!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I checked my length today, and I am officially APL! Next up, bra strap! Huzzah!

Congrats!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Oh, meant to post these!

557174_4243748612379_1882356067_n.jpg

And my hair grew .5" in two weeks!

575418_4245397813608_111253342_n.jpg

602348_4245391893460_1677838686_n.jpg

I made a picture showing my length goals;

532075_4243757612604_1499486931_n.jpg

And I made a D.I.Y length checker shirt yesterday!

(Ignore the APL thing - it's not accurate. I'm at APL now and my hair is 9")

544969_4254789568396_391601546_n.jpg

307090_4255015814052_533064497_n.jpg
  • Curvimami
    Options
    Wow IFG!! Love the shirt. I need to upgrade my length check shirt. Mine is horrible!! lol
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 692 Member
    Options

According to this my hair is I guess what you would call "butt-crack length" Lol, sorry, I didn't know what else to call it! Will post a photo when I get a chance.

Loving the hair, Ladies!
  • emirror
    Options
    That is a cool length shirt IFG! Your hair is so pretty! Your tats are cool, too. :-D
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Wow IFG!! Love the shirt. I need to upgrade my length check shirt. Mine is horrible!! lol

Thank you! It was you who inspired me to make one ;)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

According to this my hair is I guess what you would call "butt-crack length" Lol, sorry, I didn't know what else to call it! Will post a photo when I get a chance.

Loving the hair, Ladies!

Yay, you're tailbone length! If I reach goal, I may consider going that far.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    That is a cool length shirt IFG! Your hair is so pretty! Your tats are cool, too. :-D

Thank you, thank you and thank you again! :bigsmile:
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My hair is currently approaching MBL and my hair goal is between TBL and HL.
  • MissHector
    MissHector Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am slightly past shoulder length and it is AMAZING. I don't remember ever having my hair fall down there before. I am hoping to be armpit length in about six months. I keep my hair in two strand twist a majority of the time and keep my hair in a bun. I know that this is absolutely why I have been able to retain length. A friend flat ironed my hair a couple of weeks ago and let me tell you that I almost cried. My hair could be put in a high bun. This may not be a big deal to some, but let me tell you it was an eye opener to me. I think in my my mind I will always be a girl with short hair...but those moments where I see my hair in the mirrow are golden.
  • Curvimami
    Options
    My hair is currently approaching MBL and my hair goal is between TBL and HL.

Wow!! I would love to see pics when it reaches these lengths :-D
  • Curvimami
    Options
    I am slightly past shoulder length and it is AMAZING. I don't remember ever having my hair fall down there before. I am hoping to be armpit length in about six months. I keep my hair in two strand twist a majority of the time and keep my hair in a bun. I know that this is absolutely why I have been able to retain length. A friend flat ironed my hair a couple of weeks ago and let me tell you that I almost cried. My hair could be put in a high bun. This may not be a big deal to some, but let me tell you it was an eye opener to me. I think in my my mind I will always be a girl with short hair...but those moments where I see my hair in the mirrow are golden.

Totally understandable. Congrats on reaching shoulder length!!! I cant wait to see if I can grow the hair in my crown as long as the hair at my nape. They are two different textures and grow in two crazy different patterens and rates.lol