How do you handle the"Your getting too small" remarks?

Options
isis2triple0
isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
Hi Ladies, have any of you got the "Girl you need to just stop where you are" or the "Are you starving yourself " and my favorite "You look better with the weight on your face is too slim you look sick" and let's not forget about these people " Girl it's just one piece of cake can't you eat just one piece what kind of diet is this". How do you handle comments like this from friends and sometimes family.

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I would just say, I am aiming for a healthy weight! Don't you want me to be healthy? and smile.
  • AstridParties
    AstridParties Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I honestly try to ignore them and smile....but deep down inside I know that they secretly wish they could tackle weightloss like I am currently doing...so that makes me smile despite their negativity.
  • pedlarm
    pedlarm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to get those comments a lot when I would just talk about my goals, but I'd say losing weight has only encouraged the people around me that used to say things like that to get in better shape themselves. I think the best response is just letting them know how much losing the weight has benefited you INSIDE health wise regardless of what they think of your physical appearance. At the end of the day its all about being healthier! What looks better to others will always be a matter of preference.
  • Chocolatewoman
    Chocolatewoman Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would keep on doing what I was doing.

You would know if you're getting too thin, If your cheeks are sunken in, you have little to no energy, etc would be clues. Some people don't have enough things going on in their lives so they try to manage yours.

Some people are well meaning...others, not so much,
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    *Smile* Oh really? I'm going for health more so than size... *

You never hear this type of comment from smaller people, at least I don't. I always here this from bigger folks, who don't want to be left behind. I'll be honest I've been guilty of saying this. But it was jealousy.
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    " Girl it's just one piece of cake can't you eat just one piece what kind of diet is this".

"It's not worth it to me and what my goals are right now, but thank you, I'm sure it's delicious."

This usually puts them in check.

They know EXACTLY what it is... They want to try and throw you off. They minute you take that cake, their inner self smiles and says "Ha! I got this chick off her plan." I am the queen of saying no to people, especially family, to the point where they've stopped asking me.
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    You never hear this type of comment from smaller people, at least I don't. I always here this from bigger folks, who don't want to be left behind.

I've seen this happen. A co-worker recently hit her goal weight and the "You look sick" and "You need to gain back about 15 pounds" comments all came from women who were overweight and obese. The girl just smiled and said, "So when are you going to lose some weight?" The comments quickly stopped.
  • soosweet1920
    soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The one I hate the most is "Dang are you eating" I always reply..."are you?!" It really makes people made when they have put on a few pounds but seriously don't ask me that. Especially since I work hard! We had the convo at work today because everyone is bringing in cakes and cookies and I never will eat any and everyone say its not going to hurt to have a little. They just don't know I have an addictive personality and 1 or 2 will turn into me having 4 or 5 every day!! I don't like when people give their opinion on the size you need to be. I have a goal and I will determine which weight I look good at. It especially upsets me when they are already at the size or smaller than I want to be...Im like so its ok for you to me nice and fit but not me...get out of here ugh!!