Help!

Options
I just started south beach diet last Friday. Today I completed day 5. I am sticking to it and so far haven't lost a thing. This is very discouraging since everything I've read states how much you lose the first 2 weeks. Any ideas why my body won't get rid of the weight? Also would like snack ideas and recipe tips. I've just started so I'm low on the recipe index but I have had zucchini pizza and am a new lover of spaghetti squash :)

Replies

• roseym10
    roseym10 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience. I stuck pretty close to Phase I for the two weeks and nothing. Plus I got sick of eating those vegetable quiche cups to go. By the end of the 2 weeks I was close to puking at the thought of eating another one. I'm back to just counting my calories and watching my carbs at night. That with strength training I've incorporated has my clothes fitting looser although I've yet to see the scale change. But I will keep on because at the end of the day, my size 8 clothes eventually fitting me means more to me than the number on the scale which can be discouraging.
  • bradylake
    bradylake Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I am going to start on Monday on South Beach, but I do remember from past attempts at this that I did not seem to lose and cannot figure out why. My friend in Florida started June 1st. to date (as of today) she has lost 25 lbs. I need to do something as I am out of control with the carbs at this time, can't seem to get off of the sweet trip. I am ok until later in the day and then I go crazy. Any suggestions?