So what is the wiggle room on your daily carb limit?

Options
I try to stay under 21g of carbs per day, it's usually around 7-13g. Could I go say 30G of carbs in a day and not get kicked off keto? I bought these sugar free snackpack puddings a few days ago, and they look soo good, I'm afraid if I hit 25g or carbs in a day i'm gonna lose my keto :(

Replies

• celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your body :)

Myself I have gone up to 32 carbs from veggies and remained in ketosis. My husband can go upwards of 75-80 and remain in ketosis (he had a beer the other night!) so it really depends on you :)!

I would try increasing carbs 5 and see what happens, hopfully you dont have any medibolic concerns like I do thats why I keep them so low.
  • SnugNuts
    SnugNuts Posts: 15
    Options
    Cool, thanks for the info!
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I aim for 25g per day net carbs, I tend to hit around 15g though lately its been higher because I am adding a lot of avocados. But most of that is fiber. Some people can stay in ketosis up to even 80g per day. If you have ketosticks you can experiment with whats right for your body.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I try to stay under 21g of carbs per day, it's usually around 7-13g. Could I go say 30G of carbs in a day and not get kicked off keto? I bought these sugar free snackpack puddings a few days ago, and they look soo good, I'm afraid if I hit 25g or carbs in a day i'm gonna lose my keto :(

Oh man, those things were the bane of my existence when I was trying to start in ketosis. They've got a lotta starch, even if they're sugar free. So good though. Once you've been in ketosis for awhile, your body gets used to it and it's harder to get "thrown out", though.
  • SnugNuts
    Options
    My gf ate one and said it was so good. I was a little angry. I think I may try one today.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    for me, i'd say over 40 grams.

buy the sugar free box pudding and make it with unsweetened almond milk!
  • seasicksquid
    seasicksquid Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You are brilliant. I am stopping by the store today and doing just that. And then topping it with homemade whipped cream. YES.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    the almond milk makes it.. a bit soupy? like it doesn't firm up. next time i might do 1c cream 1c almond milk.
  • SnugNuts
    Options
    What about some heavy whipping cream, 0 carbs.