Attack phase duration

Options
loreleijade
loreleijade Posts: 16 Member
Hy everyone,

Today is my 1st day with the Dukan and implicitly the attack phase. I have a question regarding how long I can stay in this phase.
According to Dr. dukan's site I should only attack for 3 days, would it be a problem if I do it for 7? I'm really hoping to get a faster initial loss as I have an important meeting in 2 weeks that requires me to be in the best shape possible. I know it's not a good way to go about things but i'm trying to make the best out of this situation.
I would really appreciate your input. What could happen if I stay in attack longer than recommended?

Replies

• bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It would be "bad" to do a 7 day attack phase. It might be mentally challenging. You might want to switch to an all protein day after 3 days just to keep yourself going. Good luck.
  • mamaro76
    mamaro76 Posts: 10
    Options
    It says in the book that it depends on YOU. The attack phase IS mentally and physically challenging. I can say that there are days I REALLY want some carbs...BAD...but I resist by drinking a diet soda or having a yogurt. But I don't see anything wrong with extending your attack phase 1 or 2 days. I wouldn't do 7 days. Your body will tell you when you need a break.
  • sisdunbar
    sisdunbar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was only supposed to stay on Attack for 2 days but I stayed on for 5. I experienced dizziness and terrible palpatations and I was so drained of energy, it took me ages to change my duvet cover!! But it passed as soon as I switched to Cruise!
  • llsand
    llsand Posts: 87
    Options
    Normally the Dukan diet work's this way : 3 day protein + 3 day protein plus veggies are ideally for ppl who have a lot of lower body weight to loose and a rather slender upper body and face. This is longer but enables you to be more “evened out”. The 5 day protein + 5 day protein plus veggies is actually the best solution if you have a lot of weight to loose ( and the most effective in a short time ). I do agree with the rest regarding the 7 day cycle, it’s too long and not recommended at all.
  • kboggs6763
    kboggs6763 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When I put everything in...it told me to do the attack phase for 7 days...I need to loose 35 lbs.
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    It told me to attack for 7 days but i did 10 days and lost 16lb, i did feel lathargic and gym time was a nightmare as i had no energy ive since addapted the Dukan to low carbing trying to keep my carbs to morning/lunch :bigsmile:

Theres no harm in trying 7 days see how you feel as you go on and good luck :bigsmile:
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Apologies just checked my dukan page it was 5 days to loose 5lb, then 236 days at cruise is what they told me
    But i stayed on it for 10 days and went from 20st3lb to 19st3lb
  • mtsips
    mtsips Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Im actually planning on trying the attack for 10 days - not because I have that much weight to lose but i enjoy the challenge.

For those who say its 'bad' per say, what are the actual reasons for this?

From what ive been able to understand is that fewer days can keep people motivated. Although it is tricky - Im actually happy to try it but if there are real side effects of it Id love to understand what they are?

Thanks in advance.
  • cathmcb
    cathmcb Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi I just got the " Dukan Diet life Plan" and here´s what I´ve read:

he says that for less that 10 lbs he recommends avoiding "an all to rapid start" - A single day may be enough...
    He doesn´t give exact reasons though. ( ah see below the bit about metabolism ??)

For less than 20 lbs he suggests 3 days

between 20 - 40 - Five days. " This the the length of time needed to allow the diet to provide the est results without your metabolism developing resistance or you growing weary of it.

To lose over 40 he say´s it´s possible for up to seven days or even 10 but after consulting with your doctor.
    He says you may opt for this choice as well if you´ve previously tried lots of diets ( who hasnt ?? lol) as your body is likely to be stubbornly resistant. In this case i´s essential to drink the 1.5lts of water a day.

Hope that helps.
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It's all personal. I'm on day 4 of attack and the website recommended 3 days for me. I'm planning on doing 5, but I'm enjoying the way I'm eating so much that I could probably easily do 7 days. I ate fairly low carb before this though, so I wasn't expecting too much of a protest from my body.

That said, the thought of putting mushrooms in my omlette and rhubarb in my yoghurt on Saturday does fill me with a little glee!
  • mtsips
    mtsips Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for those responses ladies - much appreciated!!

I think after a life-time of diets I'll stick to the 10day plan (what i miss most is lollies anyways and they're not being reintroduced for a long time coming)!