30 Day Shred-Because I trust y'alls opinions most. ;]

Options
thmprdale
thmprdale Posts: 30 Member
Sorry if this topic/question is already posted, is there a way to search within the group's forum?

So, I got the idea today to do 30 Day Shred to boost up my endurance before I start weight lifting and to give me a little something extra to add to walking for an hour or so in the mornings (and trying to do pilates videos off my little ipod just isn't working).

I guess my questions are what are your opinions on it? Did you see inches/pounds lost? Do you think it would benefit at all?

I've never lifted weights before ever, and I tried to do a Jillian Michael's video on tv once and it royally kicked my butt. I'm also not too concerned with losing pounds/inches right now, but if I do that would be great (I mean, who's going to turn down losing inches? ;])

Also, what's needed to start 30DS? Any special equipment or anything?

Replies

• knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    All you need is a pair of dumbells...have at it!
  • lovtolaff
    lovtolaff Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    And LOTS of stamina lol
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    After I gave birth to my DD 3 years ago I decided to try the shred. I used to lift weights but hadn't lifted in over 5 years so I also thought it would be a good way to get back into strength training.

I lost 17 inches overall in less than 20 days.
  • thmprdale
    thmprdale Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    17 inches?! That's almost two feet!

@lovtolaff I watched apart of the level one video on youtube and I thought "this looks to simple" and then I remembered that looks can be deceiving. lol
  • lovtolaff
    lovtolaff Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well I'm pretty out of shape at the moment so it's hard for me. I'm currently doing workouts from a sparkpeople dvd that I had laying around....the workouts are around 10 minutes each but i try to do 2 or 3 a night. One dvd is strength/toning and the other is cardio blast. I hope to work up to the 30 day shred in a couple of weeks. If you are already used to being physically active (I'm not b/c I've been a slug for months!) you probably won't have a problem with it.

What I like about the 30DS workout and the short workouts I'm doing is it mixes it up and i don't get as bored as I do with walking or whatever.

Good luck!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I never did the full 30 days. I basically used it as a workout on the days I couldnt hit the gym.. I enjoyed it. It was something quick, something I could do when the kids went down for naps, and didnt have to spend a lot of time with it..ALl you need is some dumbells:)

I did get her other one, Ripped in 30 which is also pretty good:)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I also started with 30DS after not having exercised for about 5 years. It was quite challenging at the beginning, but if you stick with it, you will quickly see results.
    I like her DVD's.
  • rr85114
    rr85114 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the 30DS - tomorrow is Day 4 of Level 2 for me.

I'm not even halfway through yet but I can *definitely* see a change in my endurance and stamina (I used to run regularly - 30mins about 4 or 5 times a week), as well as everything 'tightening up'. I've taken measurements and after Level 1 I lost 1cm off my waist and 1.5cm off my hips (yes, my body is very reluctant to let anything go, but that's why I've recently joined the EM2WL camp!). I generally just feel better and more compact in my clothes, and I feel STRONG.

I'm finding Level 2 is a lot harder than Level 1, but I'm hoping that by Day 5 or so I'll be at a point where I'm not dying halfway through (that's what happened with Level 1).

I just have 2 x 2.5lb hand weights, although I think I could afford to go a bit heavier especially as I progress through the levels. I also use a yoga mat because I've got hard floors and all the ab work/floor exercises are a bit tough on it.

I am totally hooked on Jillian Michaels' short bursts of intense exercise. Planning on doing Ripped in 30 after the Shred.

Good luck!
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    THANKS SOOOO MUCH EVERYONE AND ORIGINAL POSTER. I AM ABOUT TO START IN A COUPLE OF DAYS AFTER I COMPLETE INSANITY AND HAD THE SAME QUESTIONS.:flowerforyou:
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    THANKS SOOOO MUCH EVERYONE AND ORIGINAL POSTER. I AM ABOUT TO START IN A COUPLE OF DAYS AFTER I COMPLETE INSANITY AND HAD THE SAME QUESTIONS.:flowerforyou:

I've done basically every single one of Jillian's DVDs (Shred, Ripped in 30, 6wk 6pack abs, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones, etc, etc) and they're all very good! definitely worth your time and if you're a "beginner" they WILL kick your butt. Even the short 25minute ones (like Shred) will work you hard!! I've also done the entire 60Day Insanity program and I will tell you that IF you did INSANITY as it's laid out, the entire thing...60days according to the calendar (like I did), 30 Day Shred will feel like a walk in the park!! =) Insanity is just that....INSANE! =)
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Jip I did 30DS and lost lots of inches!! It also helped me lose my first 7kg (picked up 2kg again in Jan/Feb and lost it again with 30DS).
    So yes...its a great workout! Will kick your butt for sure, especially Level 2! :grumble: LOL.

But...I must admit I have lost interest in it as I'm now soooooo hooked on NROLFW....gosh, its not comparible really. It makes me sweat and shake the same, but its a total different ball game to put it one way.

Go for it! Its really a great dvd!
    :bigsmile:
  • lindsay0515
    lindsay0515 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm on the last day of the Shred today and I'm really happy with the results. I haven't taken my final measurements or weight, but I already know I've lost inches because I'm able to fit in some shorts that were super tight in May! Also, I can tell that I am a lot stronger and my legs and arms are toning up nicely! I'd say go for it - it's a great program!