Phase 2 - Cruise

Options
Anyone doing this phase at the moment ? If so how are you working it ?
I¨ve read that he used to recommend 5 PP + 5 PV but then he found that 1+1 produced very similar results without the frustration of five days without veg and that it also caused less tension.

So I´m doing the 1 + 1 I think it´ll be more sustainable for me this way. I´ll have to see how the weight loss goes though.

I´d love to here how it´s going for anyone else and how they are working it.

Replies

• marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try 1/1 but I have the feeling this may slide into 3/4. We'll see how it goes and which suits better. I'm prepared for a slow loss, so I don't mind my ratio slipping.
  • SashaMegan
    SashaMegan Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 1/1, I got used t it ;)
  • llsand
    llsand Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm doing the 5/5, it's work's great for me. I wouldn't be able to do the 1/1 because i would have the sensation of yoyoing.

:)
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Doing the 1/1. Tried the 5/5 but too long without veggies made me feel sick.
  • cathmcb
    cathmcb Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi thanks for the replies.
    Whatever you´re all doing it´s looking good on the "tickers" . Very encouraging.
    I feel the same as Luzmidd so I hope it´s going to work for me.
  • Lette75
    Lette75 Posts: 5
    Options
    When I start the Cruise Phase, I plan on doing the 1/1. I don't like going so long without veggies either. I don't know how it will translate on the scale, but I'm willing try it. I'm going to do the attack phase for another 4 days or so.
  • mtsips
    mtsips Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think i might try the 5/5 for the first ten days to see how i feel - after that I'll reassess.

Im not on cruise however for another 5 days... something to look forward to :)
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My Phase 2-Cruise starts this weekend (Sat). I was planning on doing 1/1.

I am on Day 4 on Attack. So far, it is going great. This is the first time I am able to stick to the plan for 3 days straight. I have to attribute a lot to my hubby and my MFP Dukan pals!.

Cheers!
  • cathmcb
    Options
    Well done Shimmer.

Mtsips - I´d love to hear how you find it when you do start.

Enjoy
  • dr_cheryl
    dr_cheryl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Last time I did Dukan I did 1/1 - I liked my veggies and didn't want to be going for days without - I think it would have felt like going back to attack again! :)
    I still lost about 1lb a day on average (2.2lbs = 1kg) so I was happy with that.
    I'm starting cruise on Wednesday (4th July), so I will let you all know how I get on with 1/1 after that :)
    C x
  • cathmcb
    Options
    lost a 1 lb a day eh ! I´m not surprised you were pleased with it. Well done.
    Could I ask when you did it last time did you see it through all the phases ? Did much time pass before you started at attack again ?

Im just interested as I wonder how it will go for me. I´m hoping it will go great of course.

Thanks
  • marshallexi
    Options
    Two days of Cruise and I'm bored with veggies already!

This week I'm going to 4/3 it. I don't know how I'm going to get through 2 more days with veggies, I already feel sluggish with them back in. It was nice to get back in the gym and lift weights, though.

I guess I'll love my 3 days PP at the end of the week!
  • cathmcb
    Options
    Hi Marshallexi - Bored eh. hehehe. No I don´t get bored at all. Maybe 1/1 would be good for you then as the day seems to rush by and I find it´s not boring or hard either day. Sluggish eh. Interesting how different we all are isn´t it.

Do what you can to make it easy for yourself I´d say. That way there´s less risk of giving up. Still it is good to learn to eat both healthy veg and proteins isn´t it.

have a good day.
  • marshallexi
    Options
    I'm sure I'll find a rhythm that suits. :)

I'm still not missing carbs, which is amazing. I miss chocolate more (damn that sugar!). When I made dinner last night (sweet and sour pork) I happily ate mine without rice whilst my husband tucked into a plateful of the stuff. Weirdly I felt just as full without it as I normally do with.
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am new to the Dukan diet, but giving it a go. I am in the cruise phase, day 5 I think... but derailed yesterday a bit, and back on track today. I think I am doing the 1/1....

I find I really miss my fruits though, and get sick of meat... so I do alot of greek yogurt, fage plain... anyone else?
  • cathmcb
    Options
    Hi Catjrow,
    Welcome to the group. Funny enough I´m really not a big meat eater and had to think hard about going for this but I´m doing ok. I do usually have fish everyday though and I made a rather nice quorn mince chilli / curry the other night with some veggies thrown in.
    I´ve seen somewhere that that quorn product is ok. I hope so.
    I love the greek yogurt though and cottage cheese !
    I don´t really crave the fruit but I was on my walk the other day and passed a lady eating a peach which smelled divine and I have t o say I felt like ripping it out of her hand. LOL

Good luck. How is the weight loss going ?
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! I ate bad the day before I started, and I was retaining water, so in the attack, I lost like 5 lbs.. *water weight of course* and since then, I am about 6 days in cruise and down about 2 lbs more I think... had one small slip up day on Sunday with my sons birthday, so hopefully will see better tomorrow.... The food is hard for me though, but trying to plug along. I am also counting calories though, and averaging around 1200-1300 a day .... I exercise alot too, so dont want to go too low... '

How about you?
  • cathmcb
    Options
    hi catjrow,
    I only did 2 days attack and I´m on day 8 of cruise today. I´m surprised how easy I´m finding it so far but I should say that too loud or I know what´ll happen.
    I´m tracking rather than counting my calories just out of curiosity and trying to make sure I move the bod at least something everyday.
    I´m quite pleased with the weight loss so far ( 7lbs) and want to persist with this and get to goal for once and for all.

Good luck to you and everyone else too.

xx
  • marshallexi
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of Cruise and I'm feeling much better about this week than I was last. Last week felt so hard, I was not prepared for the mad hunger pangs to come back as soon as I added vegetables into the plan.

Last week I did 4PV/3PP and lost no weight, I've got weighed this morning and I'm exactly the same as I was at the end of Attack. At least the weight hasn't bounced back on!

I'm sticking with 4PV/3PP but I'm only having my veggies on PV days with my evening meals, I cannot cope with insatiable hunger during the daytime, especially when I'm at work - things can go disasterously wrong in the office in close vicinity to a biscuit tin!

I'm feeling more confident about this week and I hope for a little loss by the end of it.
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of Cruise and I'm feeling much better about this week than I was last. Last week felt so hard, I was not prepared for the mad hunger pangs to come back as soon as I added vegetables into the plan.

Last week I did 4PV/3PP and lost no weight, I've got weighed this morning and I'm exactly the same as I was at the end of Attack. At least the weight hasn't bounced back on!

I'm sticking with 4PV/3PP but I'm only having my veggies on PV days with my evening meals, I cannot cope with insatiable hunger during the daytime, especially when I'm at work - things can go disasterously wrong in the office in close vicinity to a biscuit tin!

I'm feeling more confident about this week and I hope for a little loss by the end of it.

Ditto! I am feeling the same way too. Last week was my 1st week on Cruise and it was a disaster for me! I was so unprepared for the veges and the 4 social events I had to attend. I had no weight loss last week with all my crazy behavior.This is my 2nd week on cruise (since y'day). I feel I have better control now. I am going to limit my veges during my PV days. No social gathering and limited veges is my game plan!
    Cheers!