Pregnancy sickness

Options
jamie31
jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
Sorry for the TMI but i figure we are all pregnant and go through some gross things, which im sure cant compare to the gross things we see after having the baby! lol

Is there anyone else out there experiencing sporatic diarrhea? I seem to get it every other day and cant seem to connect it to a certain food.

Replies

• MyrianeO
    MyrianeO Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Jamie, I totally had about 5 days of diarrhea, and just recovering now.. i'm not sure if it was a bug or the pregnancy - did some research on the net and apparently constipation is normal during 1st tri, and diarrhea for 2nd tri.. but i dunno - not fun though !!
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    With last pregnancy i had that bad till about 17 weeks or so. I would be feeling fine and then off I was running to the bathroom!

This pregnancy I still get it every now and then, but no where near like it was in last pregnancy. After I looked it up some women get diarrhea in the 1st trimester more than vomiting. Weird huh? Like butt vomit instead.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    With last pregnancy i had that bad till about 17 weeks or so. I would be feeling fine and then off I was running to the bathroom!

This pregnancy I still get it every now and then, but no where near like it was in last pregnancy. After I looked it up some women get diarrhea in the 1st trimester more than vomiting. Weird huh? Like butt vomit instead.

Butt vomit. lol that cracked me up!

I did have a nasty stomach bug or food poisoning early last week but seem to now get diarrhea or as i call it peeing from my butt, every now and then.

Glad some of you guys have experienced it because I was a little worried that maybe i was getting sick again or that something was wrong
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have had a few bouts of it troughout my pregnancy so far. I was suprised I didn't have it last night after some of the sounds my stomach was making yesterday! As much as I hate diarrhea, I'll take it over constipation any day!
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yes I am having that too! Sporadic is exactly the way to describe it too. But like jls8209 says i'd honestly rather have that than constipation, which i've also been dealing with from the very start. One day i'm constipated and then the next diarrhea, with no explanation. I have noticed though that it tends to happen more in the evenings than any other time. There was one week during my 1st trimester that it lasted for almost the entire week.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    sporadic is definitely right! every few days I'll have some and then it goes away - who knows?!?
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I had it off and on for a few days last week, too. Now, I'm back to constipation. I wouldn't worry about it...I'm definitely learning the lesson that there's no telling WHAT your body is going to do while pregnant. Just make sure you are drinking plenty of water and eating mild foods (I like bananas and toast) on days you have...um...bathroom troubles.
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Lol I didn't get morning sickness with my last pregnancy or this one. I had diarrhea to replace the throwing up. Totally normal. I'd actually rather deal with a blow then throw up. hahaha
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    So, since we're discussing bum issues.... Anybody else have hemorrhoids? I had them appear after a BM a few weeks ago, but the annoying part is that it was a normal, easy BM, nothing that required any extra "effort" to get out! I've been constipated for a few days once or twice so far throughout my pregnancy and each time made a point to get in some extra fibre/Metamucil, water and exercise and let things happen naturally. I purposely didn't try to force anything out because I wanted to avoid hemorrhoids, but I've somehow gotten them anyway! :grumble: How long do they take to go away?
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    So, since we're discussing bum issues.... Anybody else have hemorrhoids? I had them appear after a BM a few weeks ago, but the annoying part is that it was a normal, easy BM, nothing that required any extra "effort" to get out! I've been constipated for a few days once or twice so far throughout my pregnancy and each time made a point to get in some extra fibre/Metamucil, water and exercise and let things happen naturally. I purposely didn't try to force anything out because I wanted to avoid hemorrhoids, but I've somehow gotten them anyway! :grumble: How long do they take to go away?
    UGh that is the worst. I never had a single one until I got pregnant with my 1st in 2009. And they haven't gone away. Also never had an issue with constipation. That's never my problem because I have IBS.. I get them more often if I eat too much fiber. Which totally sucks. Hopefully after ur pregnancy you wont' get them anymore...