Kickstart week disappointment

Options
Maiello1970
Maiello1970 Posts: 73 Member
So i''m a guy who typically loses weight very easy... i did the Kickstart EXACTLY as outlined as far as diet and exercise, and only lost 2 pounds. Now don't get me wrong, its 2 pounds in the right direction, but i read on here posts of women who lost 9 pounds, guys who lost 13 pounds the first week.

The only thing i can think of is that i would get up at 5 to do my AM workout, but did it on an empty stomach (ate breakfast after showering). Could that really have made a difference?

I am on week 2, and decided to change it up, and do my workout in the evening, wondering if that makes a difference.

Any ideas?

Replies

• naecarter
    naecarter Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 days left for week 2, and I haven't lost any weight yet. I've been counting my calories (not doing the diet plan), but I have lost 2 inches overall. Have you taken your measurements?

I'm certain that I'm retaining water because I am very out of shape, and my muscles are probably VERY busy repairing themselves!

I am one who is wishing for instant results, but I have to keep reminding myself that it will come in due time!

Oh, and make sure you're taking pictures! You may not notice much difference, but if you look at the pictures, you will more than likely see the changes happening as you progress.

Best of luck!
  • Maiello1970
    Options
    I've got 2 days left for week 2, and I haven't lost any weight yet. I've been counting my calories (not doing the diet plan), but I have lost 2 inches overall. Have you taken your measurements?

I'm certain that I'm retaining water because I am very out of shape, and my muscles are probably VERY busy repairing themselves!

I am one who is wishing for instant results, but I have to keep reminding myself that it will come in due time!

Oh, and make sure you're taking pictures! You may not notice much difference, but if you look at the pictures, you will more than likely see the changes happening as you progress.

Best of luck!

I really wish i had taken pictures. I do notice a HUGE difference in the way my clothes fit. I will take measurements and photos on Sunday (my weigh in day) and keep you posted.

Looks like we started the same time. I am on week 2 also!! Good timing, lets keep each other motivated!
  • hiitrocks
    hiitrocks Posts: 100
    Options
    were you doing exercise before? I started out with 30 day shred and I put on weight at first :( It came off afterwards but noticed a huge difference in terms of inches lost. I think muscles retain water when they are repairing? So could it be that? Water retention? I think that is what happened with me but don't give up! I am sure as time goes on you will see more and more progress.
    I have not really lost that much at all and I am on weeks 11 and 12. That being said, I am at my goal weight and didn't expect to. I have seen fantastic definition in my whole body :)
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    That sucks. I didn't do the kickstart. My only thought is, usually the huge losses come when you begin a diet/fitness regime. If you were already eating fairly well and exercising, you are not getting the "shock" to your system that someone who is sedentary would.
  • Maiello1970
    Options
    That sucks. I didn't do the kickstart. My only thought is, usually the huge losses come when you begin a diet/fitness regime. If you were already eating fairly well and exercising, you are not getting the "shock" to your system that someone who is sedentary would.

Trust me.... it was definitely a shock to my system on both a diet level and activity level! LOL
  • Maiello1970
    Options
    were you doing exercise before? I started out with 30 day shred and I put on weight at first :( It came off afterwards but noticed a huge difference in terms of inches lost. I think muscles retain water when they are repairing? So could it be that? Water retention? I think that is what happened with me but don't give up! I am sure as time goes on you will see more and more progress.
    I have not really lost that much at all and I am on weeks 11 and 12. That being said, I am at my goal weight and didn't expect to. I have seen fantastic definition in my whole body :)

Thanks for that! I am seeing huge changes as far as how clothes are fitting, comments from coworkers asking me if i am losing weight.... so i keep positive....its 2 poinds in the right direction is how i look at it now... My goal weight is 220 and i am at 243, so that goal is in sight!!!! then on to the next goal of 200. I am 6 foot tall, football player build, so anything under 200 i look sickly...
  • pashalia
    pashalia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It isnt that i want o encourage u, but the first week i had gained 4 lbs..... Now, i am in the end of week 9-10 and since i started as u can see i lost during tjose weeks 22 pounds!!!!

Dont give up!!! U ll see the scale to move down soon!!!
  • Maiello1970
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement.... I just weighed in and lost 3.7 pounds this week!!!!!
  • mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results for your second week! My results were sooo varied week to week. I always lost something, but, some weeks were .5 pound and some weeks were 4 pounds. My kickstart week I lost 6.5, but I was MAJOR detoxing!
  • BeautifulAmazonGoddess
    Options
    i lost big fat zero during week one. by the end of 2nd week i was down 9 lbs tho... so keep going
  • Maiello1970
    Options
    i lost big fat zero during week one. by the end of 2nd week i was down 9 lbs tho... so keep going

CONGRATS!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • dragonprof
    Options
    It will pay off. I do half of my workouts in the AM and half in the PM throughout the week to add personal variety and to give me "sleep in" days.

I'm only on week 3, but I've lost 3 pounds (in week one, no loss in week 2). I am noticing my clothes fit differently. I modify some of the foods (vegetarian) and though I skate a LOT at the park and walk often, I'm not coordinated or fit at all -- so the transition to workouts 3 and 4 was a surprise after the workout 1 and 2 DVDs. I'm struggling to keep up, but I will do the 90 days and go longer, if I have to.

Stay committed. Don't psych yourself out. There are so many folks reporting inches and clothing size losses on JMBR that it might be helpful to put the scale away for the next week or so and measure success by other, non-scale indicators. That's what I'm doing :)

Good luck!
  • bbateman123
    bbateman123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    OP what are you using for your daily calorie intake? I am pretty sure that I guy would nearly die eating only 1200 calories a day, so I started at 1800, that is a normally deficit of 750 for me. I skipped over the kickstart week though because I had previously been doing P90 and switched over to this.