Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then
jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes).
five-minute cool down walk.

Good luck!

Replies

• peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Day 2 of this week I will be getting my workout done at a 5k race!
  • peteb79
    Options
    Week 9 day 1 complete!, I did 3 miles in a little under 30 min, hope I do just as well on the race on Tuesday!
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    nice time! Good for you!
  • sara6636
    sara6636 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was at my parents home in New Jersey for Week 9 Day 1, rather than my home of New Orleans-and it made all the difference in the world. As New Orleans heats up for summer, I feel like I've been running in hot soup! I'll be back in Nola for Week 9 Day 2, so I'm expecting a lot slower time.....
  • thebassdrumheavy
    thebassdrumheavy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Have a great run at your 5k!
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Week 9 day 1 complete!, I did 3 miles in a little under 30 min, hope I do just as well on the race on Tuesday!

That is awesome!!!!! I am no where near that fast. I am looking forward to running again - I can't belive I am actually missing it!!
  • cecimaguina
    cecimaguina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Best of luck tomorrow! I wish i have the nerves to do a race...soon! promise!
    Let us know how it was!
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm a week behind. I lost my motivation and just wasn't feeling it. Got my head on straight and did day 1 week 8 today. Set my mind to it and got it done. I think it's such a mind game for me. Still going slow but I'll get there.
  • sara6636
    sara6636 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How was the race?!!?!
  • peteb79
    Options
    How was the race?!!?!

It was great! My goal was under 30 min and I made it in 28:51, my son made it in 29:13.

http://resultsarchive.active.com/pages/oneResult.jsp?pID=133039883&rsID=130695&pubID=3

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/u2LXbNp0Vts
  • RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have completed my c25k program, and i run my first 5K this Saturday in Jackson, Mississippi! Just a few weeks ago I didn't believe I could do it, and now I am doing it!!!
  • peteb79
    Options
    I have completed my c25k program, and i run my first 5K this Saturday in Jackson, Mississippi! Just a few weeks ago I didn't believe I could do it, and now I am doing it!!!

Good luck!
  • peteb79
    Options
    Just completed week 9 day 3! C25K IS DONE!!! YAYYYYY!!!!
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Pete and daddio! Kudos to you both. Good luck this weekend daddio!
  • RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I did it!! My first 5K was amazing! An amazing MFP friend ran with me (her 3rd 5k), and in spite of her advice to pace myself early, I still came off of the starting line at a personal best of a 9:20 pace for the first two miles. Then the 85 degree downtown asphalt heat hit me, and the hills too! I never stopped running, though I felt like I was going to have a heat stroke at the end! I crossed the finish line at 31:53.
  • blackeyegirl
    Options
    Finally had a chance to see what's new with the C25K group! Congrats to the graduates! I checked out the spreadsheet this morning and am so happy for you all! I haven't completed the program yet...and although disappointed with my progress, I continue to press on. When I came to the realization in week 8 that my pace was too slow to complete a 5K within 30 minutes, my motivation was zapped!! I attended a ChiRunning workshop on June 30th which I found quite beneficial, and would highly recommend it to anyone having challenges with running "pain free". My focus at this point is to try to improve my pace from a disappointing 12:00 mile and complete the C25K program within the next couple of weeks. Thanks again Pete for starting the group and best wishes for much success with your running, and the same to the C25K group! I'll miss the weekly posts, and keeping up with how our fellow "runners" are doing...and yes, I can say I am a "runner" now, even though I am a very slow one at that!
  • cecimaguina
    cecimaguina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone who finished the program!!!! We did it!!! I still need to update the spreadsheet and I have to say I'm so proud of this accomplishment!!! I need to keep practicing and improving my time but knowing that I can run a 5K and finish it's unbelieveable!! I never thought I could do this....but I am!
    I registered for my first race in November, and even though is still a little bit down the road it's keeping me focus and encourage to do better every week.
    Eat healthy, keep focus and run!!!!! CONGRATS GRADS!