Still Sore

Options
I finished W2D2 Tuesday after doing Zumba on Monday. It's time to do W2D3 and my legs are still kind of sore. Do I forge ahead, take it easy and just walk today, or rest another day?

Replies

• Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one. I'm sure there are some people on here that are a bit more knowledgeable than me. My 2 cents would be to listen to your body. Go ahead and lace up and see how it feels. If it's too much then enjoy your walk and throw in another round of stretching. Good luck!!
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Are you sore from running or Zumba? I think that makes a difference...no expert here but I think you use different muscles because last time I was pretty sore from a yoga class (I know kind off sad but it was a tough class) but I had no trouble running because it was different muscles. I would give it a shot and see how you feel. If you are in pain then just walk. Good luck!
  • SLHartman
    SLHartman Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, listen to your body. Do a nice round of stretching before and after. If it hurts while you're running, then walk it and try again another day. There's no rule that says you have to complete the program in exactly the number of days it allows and if taking an extra day will prevent injury, then you should take your time. :-)
  • clickswishjen
    Options
    I did it! Ran at a snail's pace and had a really good stretch afterword. My legs actually feel BETTER than they did this morning. Woot woot!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Wooooo hooooo! Amazingly well done. I've found that my legs are sore and stiff before I set off and then loosen up as I run. I do wonder how much of the soreness is caused by sitting at a desk all day when my legs want to do what they are supposed to do - run!!!