nutrition and counting calories

Options
i am new to insanity i am in week 2 and i am having a hard time following the guide for nutrition and being able to count my calories. i have a extremely busy life and very little time to cook anything that's not just put in the oven and done plus i have never counted calories before or know how to. and i am wanting to start using a weight loss meal replacement shake but have no clue where to start on that i need one i can mix with milk or water and just shake in my shaker and i cant afford shakeology please help i want to see results and do what best for my body and get healthy

Replies

• Annafly3
    Annafly3 Posts: 63
    Options
    I buy protein from Wall mart, its cheap and low sugar.
    Mix it with milk or water and off you go.
    I would stick to real food instead of meal replacement.
    You are doing Insanity you need to fuel your body. I am on week 2 of Insanity right now as well.
    The MFP data base is pretty easy. Try to make it habit of tracking your Calories.
    Prep suppers Sunday evening fro the work week, boil eggs (lots of protein).
    Friend me if you like :) Good luck.
  • BackinShape001
    Options
    I buy my whey from Costco and Annafly is right, you have to prepare in advance, especially your lunches, cook 1 or 2 batch on sunday, takes 45 minutes and you have your lunches for the week. Then think about your dinners, plan them at the least and know in advance what you'll be cooking. I don't count calories, I just try to eat right and have healthy snacks
  • lrlnss
    lrlnss Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm doing an Insanity hybrid right now, but I'm not following the nutrition guide. I have my own collection of healthy recipes that I've found on healthy food blogs and Pinterest.

Another tip: prep everything for the week as soon as you get home from grocery shopping; makes cooking much easier and faster! :)
  • Clarkashley87
    Options
    my other issue is i am not the one who cooks in fact i really only know how to cook a few things as my hubby has always been the one to do this, and like i said at work i really dont have a good way to heat up anything and we aren't really supposed to leave to get food but we do sometimes and i have gone to gnc and gotten protein shakes from there but i am really new to all of this and it is very confusing at times. any apps that might help with the calorie counting