Guild Wars 2 release date announced

Options
Genem30
Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
"It's going to be the future soon for denizens of Tyria, as ArenaNet reveals an August 28 release date for the eagerly anticipated massively multiplayer free-to-play role-playing game Guild Wars 2."

Finally! Good beta weekends, had a lot of fun, can't wait to jump into the world and not have to worry about it wrapping up on Sunday night.

Replies

• GnomeChomsky
    Options
    OMG! YES!

Wooo hooo!
  • unassembledandy
    Options
    cannnot wait!!!

hoping they open the asura and sylvari areas in julys beta weekend so i can get a taste and decide what i want my main to be
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Finally! The beta weekends have been great, and have me wanting more. It's even earlier than I thought it would be, too, I expected late September at the earliest. So happy! (yes, I have no life)
  • proudgamer
    proudgamer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic!
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: :love:
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    yes plz
  • Madmoosebaits
    Options
    For you Beta testers: Without violating any ToS, can you tell me your impressions of GW2 so far?
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I will not see my fiance for weeks XD he may talk me into buying it later on but he is so excited he can't see straight!
  • Nighthawk4
    Nighthawk4 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sadly this does not work on a Mac.

Hope Crossover get it working as soon as possible.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    So what's PvP like? Can I avoid it completely if I want to?
  • sky3z
    sky3z Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    already pre-purchased :)
  • MaraDiaz
    Options
    So what's PvP like? Can I avoid it completely if I want to?

Yep. You never have to PvP for anything as far as I know.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hm, very tempting. I just hate the idea of buying yet another MMO that I give up after a month.
  • MaraDiaz
    Options
    Hm, very tempting. I just hate the idea of buying yet another MMO that I give up after a month.

Don't get me wrong, I've been in that boat, but the game is absolutely gorgeous. I can't say the storyline is great, to me it's child-geared, very simple and a bit cliched, The Secret World does story much better, but I could wander around Guild Wars 2's game world for months just for the scenery alone.

Also, you pay your box price and there is no sub so you can revisit whenever you choose. But hopefully a free trial of some sort will be available shortly after launch for those who don't want to risk buying sight unseen. Having been burned as badly as I have on MMOs over the years, I don't blame anyone for waiting and seeing!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    you can't quest with a friend. i really REALLY didn't like that.
    you can do your class q with a friend but not the 'heart' ones. =[ totally disappointing.
  • MaraDiaz
    Options
    you can do your class q with a friend but not the 'heart' ones. =[ totally disappointing.

Sure you can. All you have to do is be in the same area. You're now doing hearts and dynamic events with everyone around you. If your friend is there, you two are questing together. It's actually my favorite part of the pve portion, since it also means I can run up and help someone kill something, we both get credit, they don't die, and they don't get mad at me for helping.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I actually like the persistent world, we still have our own party and look out for one another but for killing a big boss, I love the team effort but I also love not having to be in a party to get anything done.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options

Sure you can. All you have to do is be in the same area. You're now doing hearts and dynamic events with everyone around you. If your friend is there, you two are questing together. It's actually my favorite part of the pve portion, since it also means I can run up and help someone kill something, we both get credit, they don't die, and they don't get mad at me for helping.

a friend and i tried. we were grouped, doing the same heart quest, and not getting credit for each others kills or clicks or anything.
  • Nighthawk4
    Nighthawk4 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The problems I have with GW are:

1. GW2 - This does not work on a Mac, so I have to wait until Crossover get it working before I can try it.

2. GW1 - I have an ID although I have not played for ages. The problem is that they have introduced a new security measure where you have to enter the name of one of your character before you can even use the Forum. The trouble is that I can't remember any of my character names - so I can't login. I can't even request Support - as I can't login. I have all of the GW1 modules but I can't use any of them.
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    To get your account info for GW1 call Anet support and give them as much info as you can remember. (512) 225-6359 I think it's from 12-5 CST, Mon-Fri...not exactly sure though.

I've had to use it at least 3 times in the past because I'd not login for quite some time and totally forget everything.