Single and 40 in the 300+ group?

Options
susannahcooks
susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
Anyone else in my same boat? As much as I'm thrilled to finally be getting a handle on my health and weight - I'm annoyed by the fact it took me this long - and I'll never quite be the hot mama I want to be, even if I hit goal weight. Also the dating pool? Yuck! Jump in now or wait til I'm a fighting weight? (Divorce final for almost 3 years now, but have not really felt like I'd survive the 'first impressions' aspect of the dating scene). Gross. I should delete this. Just tell me you're out there too, and I'm not alone.

Replies

• KSea77
    KSea77 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm not 40 yet but I do understand the dating thing. I always think if I was skinnier I would be dating more or married by now. My friends tell me that's a lie but can't help the way I feel.
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You aren't, we're here.

*wave, wave* HI!!
    :wink:
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    I'm 32, turning 33 this year... close enough! and I'm single, been so for quite a few years. I decided I would rather be alone than treated like crap. I still have self-esteem issues but enough self-respect that I am willing to wait for the right person.

And, it's shallow, but honest to say that being healthy will help that, because physical attraction is important. I don't need an adonis but I want someone who cares about themselves...

Anyway, just focus on you right now, the rest will follow!!
  • sharae216
    sharae216 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Completely agree! I'm feeling the same as KSea77, about the dating if I was smaller and my friends too try to make me think otherwise but I'm convinced.