Scooby vs. Body bugg like device

Options
rherington
rherington Posts: 85 Member
Has anyone compared Scooby numbers to a Body bugg or something like that? I am not sure Fitbit is in the same league as a body bugg type device; but if it is have you compared them? How accurate is Scooby?

Replies

• KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Ive got a Bodymedia Fit - scooby tells me my TDEE is 2242, my BMF gives me a weekly average of 2350. Close enough I'd say.
    :smile:
  • MrsSki38
    MrsSki38 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    rherington - do you have a BodyBugg? If so, how do you like it?
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yep scooby says my TDEE is 2350 and BMF says around 2300....pretty darn close.
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    They are pretty close, but Scooby is too low for me. I have a BMF which says my average weekly TDEE is 2700, Scooby has my TDEE at 2423, so a bit of a difference there, but not awful! I thought Scooby was WAY off until I realized how much I was under estimating my activity level...
  • trosewine
    trosewine Posts: 88
    Options
    Fit bit is generally as accurate as the other kinds of devices, unless you mostly do weights and strength training. Scooby put me at 2106 TDEE and Fitbit averaged about 2100 per week.
  • rherington
    rherington Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    No I don't have anything but an HRM which I use to calculate workouts. I was considering a bodybugg or something ilke it to check the accuracy of Scooby. But now I can save my money :)
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    i have a fitbit and i've used BMF. they were all in the same ball park

fitbit: 2250 (month avg) -- BMF was always a bit higher than my fitbit, gave me maybe within 100 more calories burned per day
    scooby: 2190

i find neither fitbit/BMF are accurate when it came to exercise. i always wear a HRM for exercise and override what fitbit gave me so i have an accurate TDEE
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I have a BMF. BMF 2684, Scooby 2584. Close enough for me! :)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Initially, my BMF estimated my TDEE much higher than Scooby did. BMF estimated 2700-2800 and Scooby estimated 2400. But now that I've had my BMF for a couple months, my TDEE has gone done somewhat and it's a little more in line with Scooby. My average TDEE according to my BMF is more around 2500-2600.
  • maltipink
    maltipink Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Scooby and BMF both give me right around 2550-2600. Very close!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Scooby had my numbers pretty close to my BMF. So I'd say you're safe going with Scooby. I wore my BMF for about 3 weeks and am now taking a short break from it. Will begin wearing it again in a few weeks to get a little more data (when I begin my cut, right now I'm doing the reset). IT was very reassuring to me to see those numbers! Yes, I am very stubborn!!!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Scooby put me at 3980, my BMF Fit LINK put me at 3620

Mike
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have had both Body media fit ( same thing as a body bugg even by teh same company) and a fit bit. I tested both for a week b4 returning the bmf. They ran about 50 calories within eatch other each day sometime one was more other days less. So yes teh fit bit is just as acurate. The scobby calculator is the closest one that I have found to these two devices.
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Scooby has me at 2343 and my BMF Link has me at 2489.

Pretty close I'd say!!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I'm not going to waste my money on a bodybugg as I was thinking of doing!
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    People comparing the Scooby calculator to the devices, which Scooby calculator are you using on sccoby?
    The regular one or the accurate one?
  • swingkid1975
    swingkid1975 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    People comparing the Scooby calculator to the devices, which Scooby calculator are you using on sccoby?
    The regular one or the accurate one?

I used the regular one and the difference between Scooby & my BMF is only 80 calories.

BTW, I love your profile pic. We're about to lose one of our dogs (not a Rottie) to cancer, and hubby and I have both said that our next dog is going to be another Rottie like we had before.
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of your dog that has cancer :( *hugs to you all*

Unfortunately i am just chatting to a friend who breeds Rottweilers and has been supporting another friend of hers who has a rotty just been diagnosed with Bone cancer :( It is so common in our breed! :(

Your profile picture often makes me smile too! I love the bandana :D
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have a Bodybugg. The difference for sedentary days is 30-50 cal more on Scooby's calculations. For 3-5 hours of moderate exercise it's around 130 cal more and 5-6 hours strenuous exercise is closer to 250.