Hi

Options
Well, what a surprise! when looking through the groups, I didn't expect to find this one! lol I have had Psoriatic Arthritits since I was 21...(maybe sooner, but diagnosed then). Anyhow, I've run the gamut- methotrexate, gold injections, steroid injections, NSAIDS, hip replacement at 37...etc etc.) I've been taking Humira and/or Enbrel for several years now and am doing great aside from the damage done. I'm 47 now-married with three kids. :flowerforyou: HOw about you?

Replies

• playsallyplay
    Options
    Hi My name is Sally. I was diagnosed in 1996 with psoriatic arthritis. I've been thru everything too - now am just on tylenol if needed. I've recently lost 90 pounds (still have 40 to go) and that has helped me so much with pain. Im much more active and that has helped too.
  • girdle21
    girdle21 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi

Same here been through them all, on humiera for a year and half now and methatrexiate injections for 3 years on tabs before that for 20 years, was diagnosed when I was 18, aged 49 now married for 29 years and two boys.
  • playsallyplay
    Options
    I find that now I naturally pace myself - if I have a super busy active day, the next day I take it easy. I've been so lucky the last few years with lack of pain - I want to keep it that way as long as I can. For me the worst part is fatigue, but honestly that is better right now too. I do feel blessed! I hope you are having pain free days! I am in Windsor Locks, where are you guys? Maybe we could meet and walk some day!
  • k1mcat
    k1mcat Posts: 68
    Options
    I'm in Seattle. :flowerforyou:
  • LixxiLees
    LixxiLees Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm on Humira, I'm riddled with Arthritis and I have Uveitis too.
  • FruityLoops
    FruityLoops Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm Loops in England *waves*. I was diagnosed with PsA the early part of last year so I'm a relative newbie to it all. Currently on the top [oral] dose of methotrexate but unfortunately it seems to be doing very little to slow things, pretty much all joints down my right-hand side and neck are now affected, with my right arm being the worst, have very little movement in my elbow now and a little worried it might be starting on my left elbow also :-(

Anyways, so trying to lose as much weight as possible to try and take pressure off my lower joints and be able to stay relatively active! Also have PCOS so it's a struggle to even maintain my weight, but on meds for that too and am at least making headway which keeps the old motivation going even if the limbs don't!
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hello! I don't have psoriatic arthritis (yet), but I have severe plaque psoriasis. I started Remicade infusions last week to see if that helps, my first time trying biologics. Also, trying to lose weight. Anybody find that their diet effects their psoriasis?
  • 2monkyzmomi
    Options
    Hi, Im VA and I was diagnose with PsA in 2004 after having 4 knee surgeries and the doctors not knowing what was wrong with me. I have been on everything and currently I am on Enbrel every 5 days and a injection of Methotrexate every 7 days. It kinda helps with the swelling and takes the edge off the pain. I am hoping to loosing some weight will help with me the pain. I want to be come more active but have a hard time with my PsA since it literally is in almost all joints in my body. I have a VERY hard time with diets because I get so discouraged and feel they don't work for me. Is this a good diet plan? Does it work and has it helped anyone with the PsA?
  • aclowe01
    aclowe01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’ve had psoriasis for over 30 years, pustular, plaque, and guttate. I am currently using topicals dovonex, olux, and floucinonide and taking turmeric in capsule form. I went the biologic route, Enbrel, but experienced a stroke and had to stop. Needless to say I won’t go back to them.

I experiment with different soaps, lotions and shampoo as well to find something that helps to control the symptoms. Mild light treatments in the tanning bed helps tremendously along with the turmeric to control itching.

I have over 140 lbs to lose and I’ve started the Eat Clean diet and I’m seeing great results with both my weight and my psoriasis. It’s all a lifestyle change so there’s no going back to regular food.
  • ilmtte
    ilmtte Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes. Whenever I'm able to eat mainly raw food diet, mainly salads, for a period a time, the psoriasis almost completely clears up. Not scalp though.
  • ultraviolet382
    Options
    Hello there,

I am new to MyFitnessPal and have joined in the attempt to find the support that I need to first maintain my weight and second to lose weight. Like many of you I have psoriatic arthritis and I recently started taking Humira injections which has added to my weight (about 2 pounds a week). I've only been on the medication for about 2 mounths and am extremely discouraged, primarily because I'm not seeing the benefit of the drug, just the side effects. :( But again, that is why I am here...looking for advise and support. Hopefully we can all help each other through the good and the bad associated with this disease.
  • aclowe01
    aclowe01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’ve had psoriasis for over 30 years, pustular, plaque, and guttate. I am currently using topicals dovonex, olux, and floucinonide and taking turmeric in capsule form. I went the biologic route, Enbrel, but experienced a stroke and had to stop. Needless to say I won’t go back to them.

I experiment with different soaps, lotions and shampoo as well to find something that helps to control the symptoms. Mild light treatments in the tanning bed helps tremendously along with the turmeric to control itching.

I have over 140 lbs to lose and I’ve started the Eat Clean diet and I’m seeing great results with both my weight and my psoriasis. It’s all a lifestyle change so there’s no going back to regular food.

Here's an update -
    I've lost over 75 since this last post and my psoriasis is under control - even though I still have flare-ups from time to time. I have found that i don't use as much of my mediccaitons as I have I the past. But everything is better since we started the following the Eat Clean lifestyle. I belive it was getting rid of the chemicals and the preservatives that helped the most.
  • MissMdM
    MissMdM Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ant inflammatory diet?