what does your deficit look like?

Options
jgkoutr
jgkoutr Posts: 8,105 Member
Weekly I use to have a 7000 cal deficit so I could lose 2 lbs...always at first I would lose the 2 lb then after couple weeks it would stop...and I would start gaining.

So now I'm trying to maintain a 3500 calorie (weekly) deficit...or 500 cal a day deficit to lose that 1 lbs...

what is a good deficit to have? what works for you?

Replies

• Lenny0714
    Lenny0714 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I can't comment on anyone else's deficit,but for me I'm usually at about a 250 a day deficit. I'm eating about 2000 cals a day. My TDEE is 2150 at med intensity according to scoobyworkshop.com and 2390 for 5-6 days a week at strenuous int,so I try to average the 2 since some days I'm more active than others.

I have been loosing very slowly,but for me that's what I want cause I want to keep the muscle I've built and lose the fat. From everything on here that I've read...consistency is the key. And don't net below you BMR. Mine is 1396,but I usually net about 1700.

Everyone here is super helpful and I'm sure they can add their 2 cents in too :)
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I used to be at a huge deficit before EM2WL, but over time my deficit has been getting smaller and smaller. Right now I'm in the last 3 weeks of a metabolism reset, but when I begin to cut, I will begin by cutting 10% off my TDEE and see how things go.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I find that with a deficit of 500 or less, I lose on a consistent basis. The minute I go over a 500 deficit, my body reacts by either holding on to the weight, which is what's happening to me this week. I've not been very good about eating up to my calorie goal this week on a consistent basis (and I've eaten some things that haven't been very healthy) and my body is holding on for dear life.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose the smaller the deficit should be. I too think 250-300 is about right.