Calorie Budgets/Nutrition During Insanity

Options
Marie3391
Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
Out of curiosity, (and to compare and contrast) I'd like to know what sort of nutrition path you guys will be following during the Insanity program.

As for me, being that I'm 5'1'', 145lbs and want to lose 25lbs, I am more than likely going to stick to a 1300-1400 calorie budget and a 1600 max on workout days. I will mostly focus on getting my protein in of at least 100g daily as well as keeping my sodium lower. This will consist in a "mostly" clean eating plan which I've followed before from my trainer.

I will only actually be doing Insanity 3-4 days per week as I'd also like to continue going to the gym at least a couple times a week and will also be starting my summer college courses as well as full-time restaurant managing work, don't really want to burn myself out.

Funny thing is that in the middle of the Insanity program I will be on vacation in the Dominican Republic for a week and a half at an all-inclusive resort where I don't exactly plan on counting calories... lol. Oh well, I've learned to not put deadlines on my fitness goals, the pressure makes me want to be regress. I've learned to take one day at a time and enjoy the fact that this is my lifestyle, I'm not on a diet and I love it! :)

So what are your goals and nutrition plans for this program or what have you been following?!

Replies

• onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my goal is to drop about 10-15 lb of fat.

I generally stick to 1400-1600 daily calorie goal and so far I've been sticking to 6/7 day schedule. I try to consume about 100+g of protein daily. My macros are set to 40c/40p/20f.

My BMR is about 1500.

I'm curious to know what other people are doing as well :)
  • aimeeleo
    aimeeleo Posts: 22
    Options
    I am 5'5" as well and my bmr is aprox 1500. I plan to keep cal around 1400 and 1600 max. I am going try to keep my eating as clean as possible. I want to drop aprox 20lbs by my birthday Aug 4.
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8 I was going to try to do a 40%carbs 30% Protein & 30% fat but I'm not going to worry if I go over on my Protein :-) I'm going to try and stick to about 1,858 kcal's :-) I'm going to try and eat as cleanly as possible so no fizzy/crisps etc etc :-)
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    also wanted to add that I am still going to be doing my jogging/spinning/ body conditioning classes as well because I have a race coming up in the middle of July for charity :-)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 158 lbs and trying to eat around 1800 kcal.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and at 139 lbs. Right now I'm eating around1400-1600 calories on exercise days and 1300-1400 on non exercise days. The Insanity booklet is telling me to eat 2156 calories per day for moderately active level, which seems crazy high to me. I'm going to see how I feel during Insanity and how many calories I'll burn, but my guess is I'll end up eating 1600-1700 per day given the intensity of this workout. I can't wait to start tomorrow!
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i just finished week 3 of insanity & i've been eating between 1500-1700 cal/day. i do insanity monday-saturday & sunday is my rest day. i've been trying to do 45% carb, 30% protein, & 25% fat, but its so hard to reach my protein goals! :(
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 168 lbs. Going for 1600-1800 cal. I'm going to be doing Insanity workout 4 times a week, and kettlebells 3-4 times. I'm also incorporating yoga and boxing workouts for at least the first month. I have about an hour in the mornings to workout, so I try to fit as much as I can into that time frame. Right now the kettlebell workouts are about 20 min., but as I progress through this month, they start getting longer. I am planning on doing those workouts after work. I find that if I get more protein into my day, I'm not as hungry. So 5 meals a day, with one protein included in each of these meals.
  • Kristihub
    Kristihub Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and in the need to lose camp. My ultimate goal is to drop 60lbs. I figured through Insanity's measure that I should be eating 1900 calories a day to lose... But my fitbit tells me I'm burning about 250-320 cals in a workout, so I don't want to eat too much! I increased my protein and ate 1450-1550 calories a day for week 1. I lost 1.1 pound... I plan to continue this path. I need to increase my protein even more (I average 65 grams a day), but I aim for staying at 1450 calories. I do Insanity 6 days a week. Wednesday is my rest day and I get in a good solid swim workout. I plan to swim other days too, but that hasn't happened yet.

Today I'm tired. And lacking motivation. Every other day I'm done my Insanity by this time (it's 11:40am here). I'll do it after lunch today. I have a head cold and I'm just wiped out. I know it's the cold because my husband's feeling it too. He is taking a nap right now!