I Need Motivation:(

Options
Everyone I am in need for some motivation. This month have been really hard for me. I havn't even documented everything like I'm suppose to. I go to bed at night saying to myself, "ok,,tomorrow you are going to get up so why you can eat breakfast and go to the gym" Now I am writing this from my heart and being truly honest because I think that this is the only way that I am going to make a change. I have to be honest with myself. Now I work 2 to10:30pm.......I have NO kids.......why is it that I can't make myself get up so why I have time to go to the gym before I go to work. My conclusion,,,,,,,Laziness:frown: I don't get up till 12noon because my husband comes home for lunch and while I am feeding him I am getting ready so why I can leave our house at 1pm.

I want to be able to get up, do what I'm suppose to do, and be proud of myself because I did it. The hardest part for me,,,is getting to that point. I need the motivation to get up early and take that extra time for me. I can easily say it but man,,,,,,it is so hard to do.

I am on here to better myself and don't have a problem telling the whole world my flaws and what I need help with because that is what this is suppose to be for. So I am putting myself out here and saying that I need help,,,,,,,,,:sad:
If there is anyone who have any suggestions or anything that will help me get through what I'm feeling right now, I would truly appreciate it.

Replies

• nesha101
    nesha101 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. Guess what, it is so much EASIER to sit at home, sleep in bed, eat junk food, etc (trust me I know). However, at what point do you say "I AM going to do better"? I have been down that road but everyday I go to the gym, eat healthy and FORCE myself to do better, is one day that I am closer to becoming a better me. You can do it. That is what everyone is here for. I don't usually get on the blogs but decided I would check it out. One thing that helps me is youtube. OMG, DivaSlimsDown is freaking awesome, lost 60 pounds in 13 weeks and I think 152 lbs all together. She is also on MFP, but Idon't remember her name. I look at what others did and use them as my inspiration but you have to be your own cheerleader also. Don't forget just because the number doesn't go down on the scale doesn' t mean you aren't making progress. I hope you do better and I am pushing for you. Encourage me also because I have my days too. :wink:
  • blazingmissp
    blazingmissp Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem in the beginning, you have to want to change and mean it. I always kept saying I was going to do it, but I took a long, hard look at myself and cried. I was a talker and not a doer. Before I went to bed I set my alarm for the time I wanted up and put the clock on the other side of the room on extra loud. I had to get up to turn it off, and once I was up I read a note I left next to the clock with a motivational picture, quote, or something that would get me in the right frame of mind that I had put there before bed as well. After about 2 weeks, it is hard to change, it became easier and easier. Sometimes I want to still sleep late, but now it is second nature to cut off the alarm and get going.
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    OMG!! Nesha I love You tube also one of my favorites is seejansweat she has some amazing work-outs!! and at 44 her body is like wow!!
    I completely understand. Guess what, it is so much EASIER to sit at home, sleep in bed, eat junk food, etc (trust me I know). However, at what point do you say "I AM going to do better"? I have been down that road but everyday I go to the gym, eat healthy and FORCE myself to do better, is one day that I am closer to becoming a better me. You can do it. That is what everyone is here for. I don't usually get on the blogs but decided I would check it out. One thing that helps me is youtube. OMG, DivaSlimsDown is freaking awesome, lost 60 pounds in 13 weeks and I think 152 lbs all together. She is also on MFP, but Idon't remember her name. I look at what others did and use them as my inspiration but you have to be your own cheerleader also. Don't forget just because the number doesn't go down on the scale doesn' t mean you aren't making progress. I hope you do better and I am pushing for you. Encourage me also because I have my days too. :wink:
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Mrs.Smith you have to remember this is about you and your life, of course it's easier to sit on the couch and eat potato chips! The body is smart your body is smart! If you let it lazy around it will, you have to mentally get yourself together try making a vision board one that you will see when you wake up when you sleep put motivating quotes on there (If not you then who? If not now then when? God has entrusted me with myself! ). Invest money into a personal trainer your much less likely to put this off because one your spending your money and two it's an appointment. Get up early with your husband when he is getting ready for work cook you guys a healthy breakfast or go to sleep in your work out clothes ( I know it sounds crazy but it really works) as soon as your alarm goes off don't wait jump out of bed and splash cold water on your face and get going! Maybe the gym is not you get some DVD's you can sweat with in your living room! If all else fails buy a full body mirror just a cheap one and hang it on the back of the bathroom door so ever time you get out the shower you can see your entire body not just from the waist up! I swear this still helps me! You can do it you and your body, your life are worth it, don't wait TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nesha101
    nesha101 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for mentioning her name. I am going to check her out.
  • trini88
    trini88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It's not easy, they say after 2 weeks it becomes habit, but for me it's taken me a good year of going consistantly for it to become habit. I did the same thing for years, tell myself I'm going to do it but never doing much. After I had my second child I realized I had to stop playing myself. I've never had health problems but during my pregnancy anything that could happen, was trying to! With coaxing from my mother (my greatest cheerleader) and a lot of determination (I refused to have my kids grow up without their mom becuz I was lazy) I started working out. Don't get me wrong, my eating is not always the best, but I log everything so that I can see what I did right and what I did wrong. My saviour though is working out, I've gotten it drilled into me now that I have to work out religiously (4-6 days/wk). If I stop for too long, even a week, it's like starting all over again. Think of working out as your child, it's your responsibility and you have to work with it diligently.

Good Luck!! And please feel free to add me for motiviation!!!
  • linda_smith_6
    Options
    You are worth it and you deserve it. YOU should be the motivation you need to get up and go to the gym to become healthy and strong. Working out is like anything else. The more you do it, the more you wanna do it. Take that first step. Once you do, you will feel motivated to do it again and again. Show them what you're made of, girl!
  • sinsangel72
    sinsangel72 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are going thru. I know the only one who can motivate me is me, because I have to want it bad enough. With that being said I still struggle with getting up and actually getting it done. At work I have this great friend who pushes me to walk with her every morning. She is taking a few weeks of from work as of Thursday so now I have to dig deep within myself to make it happen. The weekends are the worst for me because I am always on the go, I am usually really good at posting my food and exercise during the week. I try not to get discouraged because the scale isn't moving, but I swear I think I can see small changes in my body. I am praying that it is not something that I want to see, but i hope that it is truly changes that I see in myself. Anyway I rambled on to say reach deep down in yourself and find your inspiration. If it takes finding a friend (if I have to be that person I'm willing too) that is willing to call you each day and say get up and get it done, then reach out to them. You can only do it for yourself, as hard as it maybe you are the only one that can get it done. NOW GET IT DONE!!!!!:smile::smile:
  • butterflymeca
    butterflymeca Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am interested in helping you to stay motivated as friends. Feel free to friend me.
  • cdhardison
    cdhardison Posts: 16
    Options
    Mrs. Smith I joined this group after reading your post and I'm right there with you. I'm a stay at home mom and my husband is in the Navy. In 2009 my husband orders came up so we had to relocate well he took me out of my location (Virginia) that I was in for over 32 years and took me clean cross the USA to Hawaii keep in mind I had lost 80 lbs and was feeling good. Now I am stuck on a rock alone with no family other than my 2 amazing boys and wonderful husband. I'm telling you all this to say since I've been out of my comfort zone I've gain some of my weight back and I had no motivation now I'm fighting to get it off, I'm not new to MFP I've just decided to come back and take a different approach. After taking along look at my self I realize that no one is going to get this weight off but me I just started back waking up at 5 a.m. to work out before my husband goes to work (so he's home with the boys) after my work out I'm focus on my eating habits so I'm pretty much on point with eating and I try to go to bed early because I love to snack at night. So try some of my techniques and see how they work for you and another thing that works for me is there is times I don't want to get up at 5 a.m. to work out so I'll have my husband call me once he get to work then I'll get up and do my work out at home minus walking the treadmill.

I know it's hard but keep telling your self the next day, the next day, the next day because one of those next day will be the day. We all need a little motivation that's why I'm on here so if you would like to be friends I'm more than willing to be that motivation. Just keep your eyes on the prize...it is in reach ans you will reach it with all of our help. It will get better. Keep me posted on how you are doing :wink: