Hello!

Options
2»

Replies

• sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome to you all.

LoseSyra - your neck hurting is not good. I reckon it must be the stomach crunches that are causing it to hurt. Try and keep your neck relaxed, stare straight up at the ceiling and don't strain it.
    Like Jillian says " the neck is not invited to the party" (or such like).

Today is day 4 for me - still need to exercise, but looking in the mirror this morning, my stomach looks better already! I'm too nervous to take my measurements again, as this weekend I will be in Dublin and won't be able to exercise on Saturday and Sunday, plus I plan on enjoying myself... ;-) Hopefully that doesn't have too great an impact on my road to being slim and healthy!

:-)
  • LoseSyra
    LoseSyra Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    THanks sweetpea: I did try to look up on crunches this morning which was Day 3 for me. I did notice JM saying your neck isn't invited to the party, but man, my neck is not relaxed at all. Guess I"ve got to concentrate on that. Neck doesn't hurt today at work, but that may be because I loaded up on 600mg of ibuprofen a couple of hours ago in anticipation of the pain. Have a Guiness for me!
  • racward
    racward Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well...i just did Day1... And I am not sure I will continue :-( my cardio is so weak... I can do everything else, but had a hard time cardio wise... I'm thinking I shouls stick with my yoga, walking, strenght and abs training...not sure what to do.
    I'll sleep on it and see tomorrow...
    Good night all :-)

Hi, I started 30DS for the first time a few weeks ago and was rubbish at the cardio for the first 3 days...I was close to throwing up on day two (didn't help that our heater was on high!). By day 4 my stamina had increased sooooo much and by the end of the 10 days on level 1 I was keeping up with the advanced moves. You will be amazed at how quickly your body begins to adapt and change, and how fast your fitness levels improve! Stick with it, I am not lying when I say I started seeing results by day 5 the first time. I am really hoping I get the whole way through this time!!
  • carlyincardigan
    Options
    Hi! Well, I started Level One on Sunday, the 24th. I did it twice that day! Today, 6/28, I began Level Two! I want to push myself, and I was finding Level One less challenging than I did the first couple of days. Sitting down after my workouts was a joke, I was in so much pain. You are all SO right about the body adapting quickly. Here's to hard work and dedication. We deserve to see results when we are making an effort to better ourselves. I'm really excited to feel strong, have increased stamina and more graceful muscle control. Remember, when/if it sounds miserable to turn on your workout: it is only 20 minutes!
  • jumatwins
    jumatwins Posts: 74
    Options
    Well...i just did Day1... And I am not sure I will continue :-( my cardio is so weak... I can do everything else, but had a hard time cardio wise... I'm thinking I shouls stick with my yoga, walking, strenght and abs training...not sure what to do.
    I'll sleep on it and see tomorrow...
    Good night all :-)

Hi, I started 30DS for the first time a few weeks ago and was rubbish at the cardio for the first 3 days...I was close to throwing up on day two (didn't help that our heater was on high!). By day 4 my stamina had increased sooooo much and by the end of the 10 days on level 1 I was keeping up with the advanced moves. You will be amazed at how quickly your body begins to adapt and change, and how fast your fitness levels improve! Stick with it, I am not lying when I say I started seeing results by day 5 the first time. I am really hoping I get the whole way through this time!!

thanks, I will try it again this weekend...:-) I don't want to quit right now...I want to give it a try again, for a few days, and see.
  • curlywurlie
    curlywurlie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I managed to do level 1 today for the first time, was ok apart from the jumping jacks, not good when you only gave birth 9 weeks ago. With all the jumping around I can feel all the extra flab bouncing around and my gym kit is so tight, if that isn't motivation I don't know what is. I also managed a walk today too and again plan on doing this to increase the amount of exercise each day. I am going to a family wedding at the end of July so need to have lost weight. Come on everyone, we can do this x
  • gracebrannan
    Options
    I haven't seen any comments from anyone who seems to have been doing the 30DS for more than a couple of days on here so I thought I would comment again. I've been doing 30DS-level 1 for 12 days now, and i asked my boyfriend, we both agree my legs are more toned, (especially my thighs from the cardio), my stomach looks more defined and generally slimmer. I know its hard, believe me- my motivation sucks until i see results- but now i have i urge you all to keep on at it, as Jillian says, you cant do a twenty minute work out then expect to take a break, the time flies by when doing it, as its short intervals you cant get bored either, give it 5-10 days depending on you weight and fitness level etc and i am sure you will see a difference!
  • curlywurlie
    curlywurlie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have now completed 3 days and been recording my food on MFP, and today was weigh in and I have lost 2lbs, which for me is amazing. I am having a day off 30DS today, so I went for a walk instead and burnt 370 calories, so very pleased with that. I will report back in a few more days. How is everyone else doing?
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Gracebranna - hi - after 4 days of doing the dvd, I noticed a good improvement in my stomach, much more defined (no six pack, but less wobbles....). I had to stop for a long weekend, but did lots of walking and yesterday started the dvd again.
  • jumatwins
    Options
    Well I finally did not quit ! And I am very happy and proud of that!! I've been doing Level 1 for 5 straight days now. I feel the difference already. It's still very hard, but I love doing it!
  • Buddyjkl
    Buddyjkl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done jumatwins for not giving up. How is everyone else getting on? I started last wednesday and did the 30DS for 7 days in a row, didn't do it yesterday for various reasons including getting my monthly visitor!! but will get back into it this evening. Feeling a slight difference in my tummy area but no move in the scale!! going to keep at it and hopefully get the results I want. Still finding the push ups really difficult, is it just me??
  • jumatwins
    Options
    I also took a break yesterday and will be starting again tonight. I am even looking forward to it! (I can't believe I am saying this) LOL!
    And yep, I'm still doing push-ups like 'Anita" (knees down) and not like "Nathalie" (full push-ups). I do maybe 4-5 "real" push-ups, than do the rest on my knees..
    I also feel a difference in my tummy and my arms/shoulder especially.
    Let's keep this group alive !!!:-)
  • Buddyjkl
    Buddyjkl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Gosh I can't even do one like Natelie!! I am struggling to do 5/6 like Anita, finding the rest of the workout ok, my push ups are improving, just about to start my 30DS now!! looking forward to it too, lets keep this group going, can't wait to see the results!! what size weights are you using??
  • jumatwins
    Options
    I am using 5 pounds, but for the exercise where we lift our arms up to eye level (in front) while bending our knees side-to-side, I have to change at some point and use the 3 pounds...this exercice kills my arms!!
    What are you using?
    Have a good workout!
  • Scotland_forever
    Scotland_forever Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Quote: I am using 5 pounds, but for the exercise where we lift our arms up to eye level (in front) while bending our knees side-to-side, I have to change at some point and use the 3 pounds...this exercice kills my arms!!

Yeah, these hurt! I'm on day 9 level 1, and looking forward to getting on with the program. I started this for my legs (hate my thighs) and they feel different even with only 9 days completed. Cheers ladies!
  • shmily124
    shmily124 Posts: 3
    Options
    I started out the first week doing all three levels everyday because a friend told me. My body was killing me, but I have seen great results. Should I keep doing it that way or not?
  • apf70
    apf70 Posts: 7
    Options
    Yesterday was my day one. Can't wait to start seeing some results. Was a little scared about the cardio, but it wasnt so bad once i got into it. Good luck everyone. :smile:
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    I started out the first week doing all three levels everyday because a friend told me. My body was killing me, but I have seen great results. Should I keep doing it that way or not?

Holy cow, I can't imagine doing it that way! JM has it set up so you would ( ideally) do each level for ten days, starting with level 1, then 2 and then finally level 3.