can someone check on me please

Options
Hi its only day one but can someone take a look at my diary i/m sure I've not done it right as i don't have a headache yet. Thanks!!!

Replies

• Tina__T
    Tina__T Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Looks good to me!
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You don't have to get a headache or "keto flu" from going low carb. That's not an indication that you're doing it right, it's more of an indication that you're missing something (salt, fat, calories, water)

If you want a good indicator look for ketone test strips at the drug store and track the amount of ketones in your urine. Here's some info:

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/ketostix.html

You will probably also "taste" ketosis in your breath or your urine will smell a little different.
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You may want to track your fiber--then count net carbs which is carbs then subtract the fiber. It looks like you are doing things right.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I didn't get the headache until day 4. You have to use up all of the stored glucose from your muscles and liver first.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I would ditch the fruit cake. Tbs is more than 50% carbs. You will have a difficult time getting into ketosis if that is your goal, eating fruit cake.