17 days of abstinence

Options
casi_ann
casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
I have been abstinent for 17 days. I'm having a hard time not thinking about food today. I'm going to a OA meeting at 9pm (in one hour). I have been able to eat within my calorie allowance and scheduled eating times. Steve even helped me today when i started thinking about going out for breakfast he suggested we stop at the grocery store and buy a breakfast bar and piece of fruit. It was nice having his support because he usually does just the opposite. Once again I blame my wanting to eat on boredom. I'm not angry, stressed or negative in anyway. I'm not even particularly hungry. During my work week when i am stressed i don't really think about food that much except for the scheduled times to eat, sometimes i even forget to eat lunch. I think I can make it until bedtime without eating. I only have about 3 or 4 hours. I still have my snack coming as well. Now, I just have to make it through Sunday.

Replies

• casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Just wanting to check in. Tomorrow it will be 3 weeks on program. I've already lost 13 pounds and 6 inches. I'm expecting my weight loss will start slowing down and it will get harder to stay on program because the excitement of losing quick is gone. I exercised for a first time today. I only walked 20 minutes but did it at a brisk speed. I'll try to walk another 20 minutes tomorrow. I've been carrying my lunch every day so that I don't get hungry and eat fast food. Once I get home I've been trying to keep my mind off of food. I've been doing that by cleaning, sewing, knitting or anything to not grab food. I've been going to OA meetings couple times week. I'm thinking about doing the 90 days/90 meetings. I'm also thinking about starting my step work and getting a sponsor.
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    You are truely inspirational, thank you for sharing your struggles and triumphs with us ....... it shows it works, if you work it, and thats what you're doing.
  • raggyanndoll
    raggyanndoll Posts: 176
    Options
    Congratulations on your abstinence! One of the hardest things for me is to put together back to back days of abstinence. I've got almost 10 years in OA and still haven't got it all figured out. Thanks for posting this! I needed to hear it.
  • ihardy44
    ihardy44 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your struggles. There is a simple solution in OA, but it isn't easy. I have been around for many years and recently experienced a relapse. I am back out of relapse and almost at 60 days of abstinence. I have come to realize that this is a life long disease and food will always be a struggle. I thank God I have this program and all of my OA fellows to help.