Weekend Fitness Plans?

Options
AmiC0717
AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
Does anyone have specific plans for this weekend that will help get to that 20lb Labor Day Goal? Mine is to ride my bike 7miles today and tomorrow and hopefully walk each night as well. Unfortunately my back hurts still and so not sure if walking both nights will happen but it is on the list of things to be done. Going to make sure I get all my water in as well and that will probably be easier because it's so hot out.

Replies

• CWatermelon
    CWatermelon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I worked about three to four hours last night clearing land, hauling branches and logs, and fighting with vines, and finishing mowing the lawn, and I thought I was going to die when I finally came in at dark, took a shower, and crashed into bed. But I was up at 7 cleaning my porches, grills, and outdoor furniture. We are having 20 family members over Monday for dinner and I am freaking out...LOL. I am OCD about all things except me. I am changing that. I have become obsessive about MFP and only putting clean food into my body. So whether my family likes it or not, my menu is going to be very healthy for Monday. My mom went with me to a local farm yesterday and we got fresh vegetables, picked blackberries, blueberries, and then picked up organic strawberries and raspberries from Fresh Market. I am going to make a half dozen salads and grill some coastal shrimp. Simple and not so simple. I have to write a paper right now, but as soon as I am done, I am going to tackle the guest room, bathrooms, and the rest of the house. My house will sparkle and so will I! I am hoping we will go for a walk when it gets dark. It is supposed to be 107 today!
  • HildeDanmark
    HildeDanmark Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I walked this morning pushing the LO (or not so little she is 37 lb). Then tonight I'll probably do a bike ride with her.

Tomorrow, we'll probably walk to bike into town and/or the big beach.
  • frannymurphy
    frannymurphy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I tried running, but it was 103 degrees here today. Went out for 40 minutes, but had to stop running halfway through. I naturally turn so red in the heat people stop me to make sure I'm ok. Strangers offer me water. It's kind and mortifying. Running is new for me, but going to try again tomorrow. This time closer to 7am.
  • rayita001
    rayita001 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to do a Zumba DVD and will do a different one tomorrow.
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I started my Wii Zumba tonight. I did 45min. I'm hoping it won't be too hot at 6:45am tomorrow so I can walk to church. It was 103° today, now 88°, and tomorrows hi is 104°. I do plan on doing my Wii Zumba tomorrow. :-)
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I got in a great workout yesterday early morning. As our pool is now up, I spent last night swimming for a while and plan to swim quite a bit today.
  • abbeyl11
    abbeyl11 Posts: 73
    Options
    I had joined a 30DS group that was starting today and gave it a go this morning. It did NOT go well. Instead I did a Dance off the Inches video from beginning to end (45min). I had never been able to do the whole thing before so I'm pumped!! My plan is to do the video Sun Tues & Thurs and to run a mile (or more :) on M W F.
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone who posted did all sorts of different things to stay fit. How interesting that we all are lucky enough to be able to make decisions to stay fit that can also be fun or even useful. Well I did end up riding my bike both days and got a walk in as well on Saturday night. Today I walked quite a bit in the pool with the vaccum thingy. Not sure if I lost any calories but I enjoyed it hahahaha. It was really hot here and we had a severe strom Friday afternoon that left lots of people without power. I have had friends stay with us this whole weekend and lots of extra food (that I can't eat) in my freezers and fridge. I hope everyone has a great week! Stay focused and stay strong.
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    @AmiC0717 Good for you keeping to your goals & not giving into temptatins while company was there-AWESOME!!

I didn't get up in time to walk to church this morning. I did get 45min on my Wii Zumba both days & today I did Expert -woohoo!!!

Have a wonderful week losing weight! :-)