25 minutes straight!

Options
Dottiesweet
Dottiesweet Posts: 38 Member
I just completed week 6 after taking a week off due to injury. I purchased new shoes and oh, what a difference a day makes. There was no pain at all. The time just flew by and I was able to run 25 minutes straight! I was so excited.

Replies

• definitelyval
    definitelyval Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    :drinker: YAY!! Do your thing!!! :drinker: I'm starting week 6 tomorrow.
  • pauladick
    pauladick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    hi there x that first straight run is soooo liberating isnt it x:happy:
  • AstridParties
    AstridParties Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Alright Dottie!!! Once you're past that stretch you should be good to go! It gets easier and easier :0)
  • mamawescher
    Options
    congrats! I do my first straight run through tomorrow! So hard to believe I am going to actually do it! 20 seconds seemed like too long when I started.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I am on my last week of the program! It is an amazing feeling to exceed things you didn't think possible before the program! Keep it up girl!
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! That is awesome. Keep up the good work:)
  • Dottiesweet
    Dottiesweet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, for all the support. I feel like I can conquer the world now :). I can't wait for my first 5k in July.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! Good for you, doesn't it feel great?? I just started week 7 and got that "runners high" for the first time today everyone talks about. My first 5k is August 25th. Its so nice to see other people's great progress on here. It is so motivating! Add me if you like and keep in touch. I'd love to know how your 5K goes!
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Fantastic well done :-) I'm looking forward to be able to run for longer, I'm about to repeat W2, as had a week off sick, and was going to repeat anyway, but I love it :-)
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! I'm a couple days behind you and looking forward to that run!!