Suppose to....Sunday Challenge

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Ok, so I have read and heard this before but yesterday I saw this message yet again! Children and youth are suppose to have 60 minutes of some sort of physical activity a day. Now that can be anything....it does not have to be 'structured' exercise like a circuit training. So, I challenge you how will you get your kids/nieces/nephews/grand-kids to do anything?

I read further a grown man's recall of his tale of obesity as a child and how he lost weight was when his mom influenced him to go outside but she didn't say exercise she did it with things he liked at his age which was looking for insects....then after that he started going on his own....and lost weight! He said he believes if she had 'forced' him or if it was formal exercise he would have rebelled.

How can we get them out today in a fun way and they go off on their own?

Peace,
WW

Replies

• Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem, mine never stops!lol
  • Vpr315
    Vpr315 Posts: 3
    Options
    Took my daughter shopping today and we walked around an outlet mall for an hour then took the whole family swimming. When its so hot out here they love the pool!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I took my kids camping this weekend. Lots of hiking, swimming and bike riding. This week I plan on bike riding and walking with them