The Sufferfest

Options
Drudoo
Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
After much debate in whether to purchase Spinerval or Sufferfest videos, I chose to go with The Sufferfest. And let me tell you, I have not been disappointed!

These videos are intended to be done while on your bike trainer and I don't know if I have sweated that much while riding indoors. The cadence and effort changes really kept you locked into the workout and the music helped to push you through. You also get to ride along with footage from professional rides which is nice because you don't have to watch other people on trainers.

To any one looking for a change in their bike training sets, I highly recommend these videos!

I've only done one and I'm already hooked. Check them out online at www.thesufferfest.com.

Replies

• scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Some of the best guys I know on the bike swear by these vids. Now if only they could run worth a damn they'd be really good.
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Awesome.....enjoy
  • 5Goodyz
    5Goodyz Posts: 10
    Options
    So before I purchase one how do they work? I have watched the trailers and understand the concept, but besides on screen instructions and a bike in a trainer, how do you push your self in a climb, etc. Just increase the resistance and crank? Can someone give me a little better understanding before I purchase?
  • Drudoo
    Options
    The videos are set up with you following riders throughout different races held around the world. The differences in difficulty is based off of your perceived exertion level. For example, you'll find out where you think a 7/10 exertion level and 90 rpm cadence is at and use that as a guide as you swing higher to an all out effort, 10/10 @ 110+ rpm or lower to 3/10 @ 90 rpm. You will quickly find your zones and the video will push you through your perceived limits.

I was skeptical but after doing 5 of the 10 videos so far, I am more than impressed. The creators have done a good job of working motivation and humor into the on-screen text. Buy one, give it a shot and let me know what your think!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I'll have to check those out in the winter. Thanks for the review!
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have the Sufferfest Downward Spiral video, I love it!
  • Drudoo
    Options
    Buy them all! I have yet to be disappointed!
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    OH loves them, I use them with his turbo when I'm there, fab vids!