Spartan beast june 30th

Options
Who is doing it ?

Replies

• tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm there in the noon heat!!!!! I'm getting excited!
  • lyxus
    lyxus Posts: 85
    Options
    So how was it ?
    I loved it just not the 2 hills at the beginning that DESTROYED me
  • tuneses
    Options
    It was rough. The last hill killed me, my hips didnt want to keep climbing. I didn't take any breaks till then. That and the fact that the 3rd water station had no water didnt help. I started in the 12:30 heat and finished at 6ish.
  • tuneses
    Options
    Pictures are up but what a rip off. Sucks there are a few wi would like but 5$ a pop is the cheapest.
  • glem
    glem Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It was tough as hell, but finishing it was awesome
  • lyxus
    Options
    It was rough. The last hill killed me, my hips didnt want to keep climbing. I didn't take any breaks till then. That and the fact that the 3rd water station had no water didnt help. I started in the 12:30 heat and finished at 6ish.
    I am pretty sure I saw you.

Last one was bad but still loved it... For the water, I was kind of expecting it so I had a camel bag
  • tuneses
    Options
    I am pretty sure I saw you.

Last one was bad but still loved it... For the water, I was kind of expecting it so I had a camel bag

lol i was hard to miss. I was the one with the pink hair and ARMY shirt. I had a camel back too but it was too small :(
  • lyxus
    Options
    lol i was hard to miss. I was the one with the pink hair and ARMY shirt. I had a camel back too but it was too small :(

1-0
  • glem
    Options
    I do remember you Tuneses, I think we traded places a few times, the pink hair was memorable. I ended up finishing about 5:40-5:45 It was certainly harder than I expected. Lynux you also look familiar. I was working registration, so I pretty much saw everyone.
  • glem
    Options
    There is a 5 peaks trail race at camp fortune August 8th that I am thinking of entering. It is 13.8 KM so hill wise it should be similar to the Spartan Beast without the obstacles.
  • lyxus
    Options
    There is a 5 peaks trail race at camp fortune August 8th that I am thinking of entering. It is 13.8 KM so hill wise it should be similar to the Spartan Beast without the obstacles.

Do you have the link ?
  • glem
    Options
    https://www.5peaks.com/schedule.asp?p=oq

There is a series of 5 races, 2 of them have already taken place, it looks like a great way to keep in shape for Spartan type races.
  • lyxus
    Options

There is a series of 5 races, 2 of them have already taken place, it looks like a great way to keep in shape for Spartan type races.

Thanks Booked the 13k
  • glem
    Options

Thanks Booked the 13k
  • glem
    Options
    Any good trails to go running in and around stittsville for training? Gatineau park is to far to go on a regular basis for me.
  • lyxus
    Options
    Any good trails to go running in and around stittsville for training? Gatineau park is to far to go on a regular basis for me.

I have the same problem i have a 30min drive to go to Gatineau Park for trail running...

Stittsville is pretty flat :(
  • tuneses
    Options
    I couldnt find a flat trail here if I tried lol.

Hope you find something!