7/1 Week Challenges

Options
VeggieKelli
VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
Hey everyone! So off to a great start, hope your first week went well and let's step it up a bit! I'm going to list 5 different challenges, pick at least two or specify a challenge if you are doing one independently! Also, with the group challenges keep track and when you weigh in next week let everyone know your minutes/miles, I will announce who won each challenge, make a bit of a friendly competition :)

1) ABS! ABS! ABS! - keep track of your minutes spent targeting your abs! This includes crunches, bicycle situps, trad. sit-ups, leg lifts, anything that targets the abdomen most specifically!

2) Log every day and stay within your calorie goal

3) Running: do a timed mile, a 3 mile run/walk timed, and then track any additional mileage.

4) 8 glasses of water every day

5) Weight lifting- count minutes spent lifting weights whether they be light weights, free weights, machines, whatever!

Hope that gets you all inspired!!

Replies

• Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am in for challenges 1, 2 & 4
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1, 2, 4, & 5 (maybe next time I will work on the walking 3 miles).

I have a 20min AB routine that I just started and I will add more.
    I have been logging everyday, but not staying within my calorie goal (working on it.
    I have been drinking 12 glasses (96oz) of water daily.
    I have been doing 5lb free weights targetting my flabby arms. (I don't know how to log it).

Thanks for these challenges. I will work harder on them. I just need to learn how to log my ABS & weights.
  • HildeDanmark
    HildeDanmark Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I already do 1, 2, and 5 (although I add the strength training exercises in I don't tend to count the minutes, only the reps).

I'm going to aim for 4 (8 glasses of water).

I'm going to up my daily abs from 40 reps to 50.

@Terralea If you can find the proper names for the exercises online (bicep curl, lateral raise, standing row, etc.) you can enter them in. Then enter the weight training minutes under cardio if you want.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/rehabilitation-exercises/free-weights-exercises
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm already drinking water all the time. I am gonna track all five this week to see how I do.:happy:

1. Abs (I do with 30 day shred)
    2.Logging and calorie goal. I do low carb so keeping under calorie goal is sometimes really hard.
    ARE WE DOING NET CALORIES?

3.Running. Doing C25k

4.Water. No problem

5. Strength training. Using 5 lbs with 30 day shred. My goal is to do what I didn't do last week. 20 girl push ups and try at least to get off the ground for boy pushups.

Good luck y'all .
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Wow you totally listed some I haven't even begun to work on yet. I think thats a good thing....I think.....LOL. I am going to choose:

2) Log every day and stay within your calorie goal

4) 8 glasses of water every day

5) Weight lifting- count minutes spent lifting weights whether they be light weights, free weights, machines, whatever!

Reason being, I have number 2 in the bag, I'm close to number 4 and my nutrionist told us to start incorporating weights last week and I didn't have the time. I should say I didn't make the time. In my defense I work a full time job, teach at night twice a week and am taking 3 classes online. It's all I can do to get my cardio in at times. However, NO MORE whining. This week I will add weights. I will do it!
  • TerraLea
    Options
    I already do 1, 2, and 5 (although I add the strength training exercises in I don't tend to count the minutes, only the reps).

I'm going to aim for 4 (8 glasses of water).

I'm going to up my daily abs from 40 reps to 50.

@Terralea If you can find the proper names for the exercises online (bicep curl, lateral raise, standing row, etc.) you can enter them in. Then enter the weight training minutes under cardio if you want.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/rehabilitation-exercises/free-weights-exercises

@Gunnhilde Thank you very much. I will check out the website.
  • sunnyshine1313
    sunnyshine1313 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Run a mile, not sure I can do that, lol. It's been since high school! I will attempt it and hopefully be able to jog a full mile, love the challenge!
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    :smile: Goals this week:smile:
    1 - ABS (I love the burn - bring it!)
    4 - I drink only water (yumm)
    5 - Need to build some muscle!

HgH :drinker:
  • lower50
    lower50 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am going to do #'s 2, 4, and 5. Water is my biggest challenge, unless it's how and I am working outside.:drinker: :drinker:
  • abbeyl11
    abbeyl11 Posts: 73
    Options
    I already track my food and drink water so I'm in for those. I want to do the running one because I really want to see how it feels to keep going for 3 miles. I already get up at 5:15am to do my one mile though lol I'm going to aim for Friday because that's the day I will work from home so if I get a later start it's no big deal. If I take the day off on Wednesday and I'm feeling motivated I might do it then too.

Good luck ladies these are some great challenges!!!

I'm also going to add three days of "Dance off the Inches Hip Hop Party" a 45min dancing workout video so my challenge to myself is to do all three days. I did it yesterday, and I plan on doing it Tues and Thursday too.
  • Jeaniece1
    Jeaniece1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Count me in! I've really been strugglinq with my abs so this is the perfect challenge for me this week as I climb back on the wagon. I've kind of slacked off now that I'm down to my last 15 pounds andd think this is exactly what I need to push through to the end. I've found that when I track (which I've gotten out of the habit of doing) my weightloss results are right on target for that week. Perhaps its just that I got a bit too comfortable not tracking. My goals for this week are 1) abs; 2) tracking; 3) water (its been a while since I've done this one and is always a struggle because I love dr. pepper) and weights. I already run.
  • jadesign19
    Options
    *7/3/12
    *7/6/12
    2.Logging and calorie goal. I do low carb so keeping under calorie goal is sometimes really hard.
    *7/1/12 logged under cal goal

3.Running. Doing C25k
    *7/2/12 ran week 7 day 3 and week 3 day 1(again). Run total apprx 35 minutes walked 52 min
    Miles done (will fill this in later)

4.Water. No problem
    7/1/12 met goal

5. Strength training. Using 5 lbs with 30 day shred. My goal is to do what I didn't do last week. 20 girl push ups and try at least to get off the ground for boy pushups.
    7/3/12
    7/6/12

Good luck y'all .
    [/quote]
  • jadesign19
    Options
    *7/3/12
    *7/6/12
    *7/2/12 under net calorie

3.Running. Doing C25k
    *7/2/12 ran week 7 day 3 and week 3 day 1(again). Run total apprx 35 minutes walked 52 min
    Miles done 3.2

4.Water. No problem
    7/1/12 met goal
    7/2/12 met goal

7/3/12
    7/6/12

Good luck y'all .
  • TerraLea
    Options
    I'm excited today! My family and I went to Lambert's today. It is a home style cooking restaraunt, famous for their throwed rolls. I stuffed myself and made the best choices I could. I did 65mins of Wii Zumba and only ate back 65 calories. I normally eat very bad choices there so I am very proud of myself. I needed to share this.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I am going with 2 and 4 for now because i still cant workout due to my back but i will try to put in number 1 as well if i am allowed before the end of the week
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    :smile:Update:smile:
    1 - ABS: 30 regular crunches, 200 bicycle crunches
    4 - I drink only water (yumm): Water intake is doing good!
    5 - Need to build some muscle!: 30 minutes of weight lifting today!

HgH :drinker:
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 1, 2, 4, and 5.
  • jadesign19
    Options
    [
    1. Abs (I do with 30 dayshred)
    *7/3/12. I did level 2 and I blew it not doing all the reps
    *7/6/12
    7/3/12 under net cal

3.Running. Doing C25k
    Miles done 3.2
    7/3/12 ran an extra mile. Time sucked it was just too hot.

4.Water. No problem
    7/1/12 met goal
    7/2/12 met goal
    7/3/12 met goal

7/3/12. Epic fail at pushups after 30 day shred. 10 girl push ups
  • jadesign19
    Options
    1. Abs (I do with 30 dayshred)
    *7/3/12. I did level 2 and I blew it not doing all the reps
    *7/6/12
    7/3/12 under net cal

3.Running. Doing C25k
    Miles done 3.2
    7/3/12 ran an extra mile. Time sucked it was just too hot.
    7/4/12 ran week 8 day 1. run total 28 minutes did 2.2 miles. walked an additional 13.
    Miles done 6.4 miles

4.Water. No problem
    7/1/12 met goal
    7/2/12 met goal
    7/3/12 met goal

7/3/12. Epic fail at pushups after 30 day shred. 10 girl push ups

too blooming hot :(
  • CWatermelon
    CWatermelon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I already do 2 and 4, and I walk everyday, so I will try 3 and see if I can run for one mile without stopping. I did a 3.3 mile slow walk today and it took me 74 minutes so it was about a 22 minute mile. Sometimes I can walk a 18 minute mile, but this hundred degree plus weather is kicking my butt. I will add some weights to my walks and see how that feels so I will try 5.