Welcome & Getting Started

Options

Replies

• trishDC
    trishDC Posts: 51
    Options
    I am planning on starting the 17dd tomorrow. I have a few friends who have been quite successful and I look forward to joining in the success. I have about 10-15 lbs to lose so hopefully this will do the trick. Headed to the grocery store shortly to stock up. I am planning to follow the meal plan in the book to make it easier. Will see how this goes.

Just keep in mind that the "meal plan" in the book is actually just a guide, and it doesn't contain enough calories for a day. You have to make sure you get a minimum 1200 calories in a day, or you will eventually stall out and probably not have enough energy.

Great advice rayne78! As you know, I learned this too many days into the diet and really struggled.

kohardis - Consider logging you meals so you know how much calories you are taking in. I had to add in more protein, some cheese here and there - and in the end realized that the low carb protien shakes were the best option Good luck and welcome!
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day.. wish me luck :)
  • rayne78
    rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day.. wish me luck :)

Good luck! You can do it!!
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    welcome thingal! Keep posting and let us know what we can do to help you on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • mommarhia
    mommarhia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm on day 3 c1. Please add me as a friend if u want. I'm down 2 lbs so far. I want to lose 40 to 50 lbs. Good luck to everyone! !!
  • hlthymom83
    hlthymom83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I started the diet back in May and did it for five days...lost about 3lbs. For some reason I have been trying to start but cannot get myself to do it for the whole day. But I am ready to start and would luv the support, this group seems very supportive. Pls feel free to add me!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am on C1D4 of the 17 day diet, although I'll admit I don't follow it to the letter. I adhere to most of it, but I sub in a yogurt for a protein shake, I eat a TBSP or two of no sugar added peanut butter, and I eat a zone perfect bar for my AM snack just about daily. I am running almost daily and working out a lot more than 17 minutes a day though, even though I scaled back a little bit. The plan just as it's written isn't calorie-rich enough for me as someone who was already pretty active. What it is doing is helping me to get my eating back to being cleaner and more in check (as far as carbs, processed foods, etc).

I started at 167.4 on Monday, and this morning, I was at 157.0!!! I was astonished!! I know some of this is merely water weight, but it still feels good to see the scale get back down below 160 (I was at 144.2 a few months ago and had a major derailment).

I have used the 17 DD before, but I never stuck with it. I'm trying really hard to stick with it (which is also why I'm going a little easier on myself this time and having a few things that aren't actually allowed so I don't end with a binge).

I do stick to keeping my carbs before 2, only 2 servings of fruit, and all the other stuff (allowed thises and thattas)... except the three little caveats I mentioned above.
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am on C1D4 of the 17 day diet, although I'll admit I don't follow it to the letter. I adhere to most of it, but I sub in a yogurt for a protein shake, I eat a TBSP or two of no sugar added peanut butter, and I eat a zone perfect bar for my AM snack just about daily. I am running almost daily and working out a lot more than 17 minutes a day though, even though I scaled back a little bit. The plan just as it's written isn't calorie-rich enough for me as someone who was already pretty active. What it is doing is helping me to get my eating back to being cleaner and more in check (as far as carbs, processed foods, etc).

I started at 167.4 on Monday, and this morning, I was at 157.0!!! I was astonished!! I know some of this is merely water weight, but it still feels good to see the scale get back down below 160 (I was at 144.2 a few months ago and had a major derailment).

I have used the 17 DD before, but I never stuck with it. I'm trying really hard to stick with it (which is also why I'm going a little easier on myself this time and having a few things that aren't actually allowed so I don't end with a binge).

I do stick to keeping my carbs before 2, only 2 servings of fruit, and all the other stuff (allowed thises and thattas)... except the three little caveats I mentioned above.

I'm with you. I don't follow it to a "t" Like, I don't drink green tea (I'm nursing) and I eat cheese LOL. I do, like you, keep my fruit before 2. And usually the yogurt too. But today, we went swimming, and I had some yogurt (plain greek with cinnamon and some vanilla) while I was cooking my eggs ;) I can tell that I'm losing weight. I started this 2 weeks ago, but cheated most of last week (was working VBS). Even with that, I don't think I really gained anything back, and I think I'm down 5#.. I've got about 30 to go :( I do try and get exercise in most days, since I don't follow it exactly. But, it seems to be working for me. And, I suppose, that's what matters right? Glad to see there's others here for the encouragement, because, I think this is the longest I've stuck to a diet... And I'm only finishing up day 4 of cycle 1 LOL. Really hoping to lose 10# by the end of this cycle...
  • Weezie0707
    Weezie0707 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I have started Day 1 today so good to have a group to join to keep me focused. :flowerforyou:
  • haasgirl
    haasgirl Posts: 55
    Options
    Hello Group,

My name is Natasha. My plan is to start on Monday July 2. I have done this before and been successful at keep off 20lbs. I have another 20 to go and nothing else seems to work for me like this. I have tried other things since March and not lost a pound. The first few days are rough but I know it works and I'm giong to try agian.
  • rayne78
    rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello Group,

My name is Natasha. My plan is to start on Monday July 2. I have done this before and been successful at keep off 20lbs. I have another 20 to go and nothing else seems to work for me like this. I have tried other things since March and not lost a pound. The first few days are rough but I know it works and I'm giong to try agian.

Good Luck!
  • haasgirl
    haasgirl Posts: 55
    Options
    Hello Group,

Good Luck!

Thanks! I think i'm finally in the right frame of mind to get at this again
  • jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm doing "The 17 Day Diet" in addition to P90X. I'm wondering if anyone else is doing that too. I'm following the diet to a tee but adding major amounts of sugarfree whey protein shakes. It is hard work to have enough energy to do both. I'm on day 45 of P90X and day 11 of the diet together I've lost over 20 pounds. So I don't want to mess with a good thing so I'm going to continue.

If you are also doing this please friend me so we can chat more and help each other out!
  • 17DayDietGal
    17DayDietGal Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Do you mind if I join y'all?

I'm not just beginning on the 17DD -- I've been on it since February of last year and with the exception of these last two months where I've been at war with the same few pounds up and down and decided to just do a 5-day stretch of C1, I've lost weight pretty much every time (I did C3 for 10+ months, switching things around).

Finally hit the 100 lbs lost point this morning, which is my primary weight goal, with a secondary one of 25 more pounds which I probably won't meet as I don't think it's awfully realistic.

I set a clothing size goal as well when I started, as I didn't want to focus JUST on the pounds lost. I met that goal back in February -- 7 clothing sizes down (from a 26 to a 12).

I'm doing another round of C1 during the week this week.
  • 17DayDietGal
    17DayDietGal Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you're doing THAT much exercise, it's a good idea NOT to do Cycle 1 -- not enough going in to provide you with the energy you need.

It's recommended to do C2 and C3 if you're exercising that much. Also, add some bulk protein (meaning chicken, meat, etc.) in addition to the protein powder/shakes and make sure you're adding a bunch of calories, as you do need to eat back some of what you're burning off. The added protein will help with your energy level.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Do you mind if I join y'all?

I'm not just beginning on the 17DD -- I've been on it since February of last year and with the exception of these last two months where I've been at war with the same few pounds up and down and decided to just do a 5-day stretch of C1, I've lost weight pretty much every time (I did C3 for 10+ months, switching things around).

Finally hit the 100 lbs lost point this morning, which is my primary weight goal, with a secondary one of 25 more pounds which I probably won't meet as I don't think it's awfully realistic.

I set a clothing size goal as well when I started, as I didn't want to focus JUST on the pounds lost. I met that goal back in February -- 7 clothing sizes down (from a 26 to a 12).

I'm doing another round of C1 during the week this week.

Well done on your losses!
  • msusue
    msusue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm just jumping on this "wagon" and happy to find this group. I have not yet purchased the book, but plan to either order it today or download it on my kindle.....would love to hear from you who have the book. Would this book be "okay" on my Kindle? Do you write in your book? Anyway, I'm excited about this--I have done well in the past on diets that are mostly protein, fruits and veggies--I just always give up or get bored before I reach my goal. I'm determined to make it this time!! I have approx. 160 pounds to lose and I'm miserable. Thanks for being here! Sue
  • msusue
    msusue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is great!! Congratulation on your loss and for hanging in there. You inspire me!
    Sue
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just wanted to drop by and say hi! I am not here much anymore and am doing more primal/paleo and it is working great! However I am very very grateful for 17dd as it started me in the right direction!! I hope all of you are doing well and have great success! Hugs to all, Dyanna
  • eschunks
    eschunks Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm so happy to find a forum. I have 80 pounds to lose and completed cycle 1 losing 18 pounds. Cycle 2 I was not too successful so I'm back to cycle 1. I love this diet and really want someone to talk with about it.