30's Daily - 7/02

Options
Leeloominai01
Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)
Randy (Randyamc)
Sandra (Leeloominai01)
Toni (Themoodys13)
Corey (coreyisaacs)
Joe (misterbigg36)

Replies

• Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Not a good weekend at ALL. I did ok on Saturday but Sunday was a killer. A good friend hosted a bbq and my Mom was here for breakfast so I made flapjacks for breakfast Sunday (for her and the kids in theory, although I did give her the leftovers to take home!). And then lunch was so delicious and I had a cupcake for dessert. I was so sore and stiff and achy all over that I didn't to anymore exercise after the kids went to bed either, so just a bad day overall.

Today's been better so far. I am still motivated and I found a picture of myself on holiday 10 years ago and I was gutted than I had picked up so much weight. Let's hope I have some energy at the end of the day to still train a bit!

How did the rest of you do?
  • rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm new to the group. I had a similar destructive weekend. My son's 3yr b-day party. Cake, ice cream. hot dogs. hamburgers, chips, candy...etc etc.... recovery mode hard core now. :)

hope its good for everyone today!
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Friday night was my killer - ladies' night out, with good food and plenty of drinks.

The weekend itself ended up alright though, thanks especially to some volunteer work I did yesterday. Some friends and I worked the beer and beverage tent at our town's Ribfest. In the sweltering heat it actually ended up being a pretty intense and tiring "workout", and helped earn some extra money for a great organization (we were volunteering on behalf of a group that provides services for victims of domestic violence). I definitely felt like I earned the ribs I ate after our shift, but I was WAY too tired to hang around and wait for ZZ Top to go on :wink:

Happy Monday, everyone, here's to a great week! :drinker:
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I was able to stay mostly on point this weekend, only going over about 100 cals each day :) I got a good run in yesterday too, plus a bonus 30 min walk to the grocery store. It was hot and buggy at the beach, but better than being at work!

I have work today and tomorrow, then off the 4th and took off Thurs and Friday. Fri-Sun from friends are joining us at the shore, so that's where the eating/drinking will get iffy.

For the first time since joining MFP I actually weighed in Monday a bit less than Friday :drinker:
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hiya gang, hope everyone's doing OK. I'm home for lunch for once and enjoying a bucked of salad with couscous and chicken. My weekend went well all in all. Went for a lovely hike on Saturday and even when the heavens opened my spirit remained strong. On Sunday i did a gym session on my legs which I'm still a bit sore from now. Then it was away to visit my fiance and relax a bit. Food wise I made baked Sea Bream for dinner on Saturday night with veggies. Yesterday was a fun day so i had some sushi for lunch. Had a big salad with some chicken for dinner. Got restless so i emptied the fridge and set about inventing a new smoothie. I have yet to reach smoothie nirvana but I'm getting closer.
    Hope you guys had a good weekend and remember we're all in this for the long haul. No need to rush, we're living healthy lifestyles which will benefit us all in the long term.
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ruby!!

Good to see all your smiling faces this Monday morning, fired up and ready to take on the week.

My weekend was pretty good all and all. Was feeling a little ill Sat and missed my run. Felt much better on Sun and went out for a long bike ride with some friends, managing to cover 31 miles. Incorporting strength training this week. So we'll see what happens.
  • Dedee36
    Dedee36 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Newbie here as well... I had a really good weekend, of course it was my 5 day push at work. I'm off for a weeks vacaction and dreading it..those are my really bad days, being at home with them family. I'm a huge snacker, a handful here, a taste here.

:frown:Plus, not getting all the walking in and the holiday.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm on vacation this week at my mom's, so there will be way too many calories consumed on a daily basis. I'm going to log it so that maybe I will have some restraint, but it won't be pretty. ;) I am trying to keep up with my exercise though. Wednesday my best friend and I are running a 10K! A little nervous as I've not run that far for about 3 months, but neither of us are looking to beat any records. Just glad to get to do a race together. Have a great start to your week everyone!