Those farther along, how do you FEEL?

Options
melry77
melry77 Posts: 43 Member
So I'm only a couple weeks in, but I feel wiped out all the time! I have to do my lifts at night because all I want is a shower and bed afterwards. I love this program but I miss the "buzz" I get from cardio but don't have the energy to mix some in. Will this get better, or am I just not ready for this program yet? And I am eating enough calories and drinking the shake after. Thanks!!

Replies

• Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I never had the cardio addiction, being somewhat lazy, but i understand it is pretty hard to kick!

I would say it gets easier as you get used to it, but the workouts get longer as you go through the stages. I still feel a little physically achey afterwards, but not so much that i can't get through the day. I like to do it in the afternoon before a nightshift actually, because any exercise helps me stay up all night.

Not sure what to suggest actually, are you getting plenty of vitamins and protein?
  • Jennifer0878
    Jennifer0878 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think you are eating enough. I just finished NROLFW today. In the beginning, I started out with 1750 calories a day (plus any extra exercise calories). Like you, I felt WIPED! I upped my calories to 1850-2000 and I felt MUCH better. My weight continued to drop and then I stalled out around Stage 4. I dropped my calories again to 1750 and my weight less continued. I dropped my calories to 1450 during Stage 7 just to get rid of those last couple of stubborn pounds. It worked, but now I will probably up my calories again. Lifting heavy weights is hard, so you really do need the extra calories.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I agree with Jennifer - be sure you are eating enough!! I lift in the morning and have plenty of energy all day. During Stage 1 I had to eat at least 2000 calories a day because I was starving! Starting in Stage 2, I was able to lower those a bit and am now eating between 1800-1900 day.