Eating too much?

Options
ragslittle
ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
I am 4 months post surger and -105 lbs...40 before / 65 after....somedays I feel like I can eat all day! I don't know if its hormonal or what but I am hungry all day. I really try to stick with eating good things on those days and have a craving for something sweet every once in a while, but was just wondering if any one else expriences that. I also lose weight weird. I will lose for 2 weeks and drop 8-10 lbs quickly and plateu for 2 weeks or more...hormonal too maybe??...but I am loving my new life and I am very active and if I don't lose another lb I am a happy girl!!!

Replies

• minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I asked my doctor about this at my last check up and he and also the fitness trainer said that the rapid loss followed by a stall is very normal because the body is catching up. Basically lose, shrink, lose, shrink, lose but it can't do both shrink and lose at the same time because it's happening too fast. I am only 6 weeks out but I get cravings only when I've been bad and had more carbs than protein with my meal. Don't know if that matters for you but it seems to be the only time I start having trouble.
  • crosa527
    crosa527 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was going to say the same thing. Protein really helps with those extreme hunger peaks. Are you getting enough on those days that you are constantly hungry?
  • ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    probably not enough protein...although today I had a boiled egg, turkey bacon for breakfast...and a banana for mid morning snack (that may have caused it)....fish and blackbeans for lunch....and I was still hungry when I got home....at 4....so idk...that seems like a lot of protein.
  • maylene1853
    Options
    do you drink protein shakes? something i find real filling is a smoothie made of a scoop of vanilla protein, tablespoon peanut butter, cup of lactaid, a small banana and icecubes...blended smoothly and put into one of those tall lidded cups with a straw. i sip at it slowly and it satisfies the craving to eat....