Learning How to Eat All Over Again

Options
crosa527
crosa527 Posts: 35 Member
I had my two week post-op check up today. I'm told that I am healing fine. Yea! I am, however, like a new born, learning to eat for the first time. I was told that the diet they gave me really needs to be updated, because it says to eat 3 small meals a day and what I am SUPPOSED to be doing is eating every two hours, but only 2 - 3 bites of food.

I am using this time to learn how to eat slowly and not focus on the act and social aspect of food as much as the nutritional aspect. I guess we all need to learn these lessons while the surgery is fresh and our bodies simply will not tolerate any over indulgences. If we don’t, then once the swelling goes down and my tummy allows bigger portions, I might be right back where I started. That would be tragic.

Replies

• Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    It gets easier, I promise!! The first two years were definitely a big learning process for me. But now at almost 4 years out it's pretty routine. i guess it's a new kind of "normal".

Too many people never learn good healthy habits and therefore never get to goal or get there and regain. You are right that learning new lessons is priceless.

I am determined to beat the odds.
  • crosa527
    crosa527 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    How long have you remained at your goal? I know it has been four years, but I am wondering at what point did you reach your goal? Also, you are probably the one most inpiring person for me on MFP. Your transformation is amazing and inpiring. I am sure you WILL beat the odds.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Hey there i am 11 weeks out(tomorrow) :bigsmile: and am flying! i found it pretty easy to get into a routing,the earlier you start "the rules" the easier it is to get into the routine!
    good luck and dont worry x