Appetite question

Options
If my TDEE is amount of calories that I already eat to maintain my current body weight, then why is it so difficult to even eat the Cut calories without feeling full and a general yukiness?

Replies

• nutritionwhiz
    Options
    Had been eating a low calorie diet for a while before this? Sometimes it just takes time to adjust. Did you read the sticky "What to expect?"
  • wa_tracy
    wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I loathe the days when I get to the end of the day and realize I've got so many calories to eat, especially when I try to make most of them nutritional. My suggestion is to eat more throughout the day. My snacks end up being my biggest calorie drive. My goal is to never feel full and never feel hungry. If one of those is happening, I readjust how I'm eating throughout the day.
  • Starlight50
    Options
    Had been eating a low calorie diet for a while before this? Sometimes it just takes time to adjust. Did you read the sticky "What to expect?"

I did read it. I realy did'nt think that I was cutting my calories that much. Now I realize I was mini yo yo ing over the last few months. . I had cut calories and lost a few lbs but my appetite came back with a vengance and I craved Wendy's chicken sandwiches and sweets uncontrollably at times. In addition, I went through a trauma- having to put my dog down. Looking back, I have been covering greif with food. I thought I was over using food that way but not so. I feel full, but much more energy! I actualy feel like I have energy to excercise. :smile:
  • Starlight50
    Options
    I loathe the days when I get to the end of the day and realize I've got so many calories to eat, especially when I try to make most of them nutritional. My suggestion is to eat more throughout the day. My snacks end up being my biggest calorie drive. My goal is to never feel full and never feel hungry. If one of those is happening, I readjust how I'm eating throughout the day.

Great advice! I'm going to spread them out more. We had a potluck at work today so my food journal is not good. I tried to just take a bite or two of a few types of food. I realy don't like to participate in pot lucks, but I also want to be social from time to time.

My metabolism is so sluggish right now. I hope I can get it reved up!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

If you are not losing while eating your cut, you might wanna consider doing a full reset, so your metabolism gets back on track.
  • Starlight50
    Options

If you are not losing while eating your cut, you might wanna consider doing a full reset, so your metabolism gets back on track.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a week or 2 to see how it goes before I do full reset.