New to Medifast, looking for friends

Options
I'm looking to friends to support and commiserate w/on MFP. Posting was key to my weight loss on Calorie King and I want to continue my weight loss. Thanks

Replies

• LandonsMom2010
    LandonsMom2010 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Medifast tomorrow! would love new friends on the same program also!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for new friends. My husband and I are going to be starting the plan as soon as we have our conference call with our Health Coach on Saturday, and place our order! I'm extremely motivated and excited about this! We have a good friend who lost 120lbs in 6 months, and he's such an inspiration!
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies & welcome! :flowerforyou:

Congrats on taking control & starting Medifast! The support here is wonderful & amazing! Please feel free to friend me if you like & welcome to the journey!

Lora
  • TheNewRenee
    Options
    I started Medifast yesterday and have only one more meal left for today. I tried medifast years ago and didn't stick to it but this time I am determined!!!!! I got the iphone app and am using the support in motion website and I am also using MFP I will track this and get this done right this time. I lost just in the first day 2.4 lbs and I know that it probably isn't typical and a lot of it could be water weight after my vacation I just came off of but I am excited about it. Are there any foods you guys have found that you absolutely don't like? How about ones that you absolutely love? So far the Blueberry oatmeal made me gag the whole time eating it this morning I really need to figure out how to make it not be the consistancy of wallpaper paste. I tried the coffee soft serve tonight and it wasn't bad, the Cherry Pomegranite shake was really good too! I wish lots of success for all of us.
  • LandonsMom2010
    LandonsMom2010 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I really loved teh southwestern eggs this morning! it was deff the right way to start off my first day on medifast! the only think I found today that i absolutly HATE today was teh French Vanilla shake! it made me sick to my stomach for a very long time after i had it. Anyone know any good ideas on how to make it better? Great job on the 2.4lbs in the first day! keep up the good work! Hope everyone eles is stickign to plan too!
  • varnerific
    varnerific Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I have been on Medifast (with a few "breaks") since August of 2011. It is a wonderful program!

As far as food I'm not a fan of either the SW Eggs or the French Vanilla. Almost all the shakes I use Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk instead of water and a squirt of sugar free hersheys syrup to make it tastier. The Hot Cocoa, Cappuccino, and Coffee Soft Serve are all wonderful when made as a shake. I can't do any of the shakes when made with just water. Too "blah".

Best of luck Medifasters!!! :)
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm the laziest one out there. i just eat the bars. I feel like i may as well make something in my son's pretend kitchen, if i make medifast food.
  • litelight
    litelight Posts: 53
    Options
    Hello. Look for an invite.:smile:
  • nstratton_1
    nstratton_1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been on Medifast a few times, but longest I stayed with it was 4 months. Not because of the food or restrictions of the plan...but because of EMOTIONAL EATING! I re-committed 2 months ago and this time I'm focusing on getting healthy, learning healthy habits and using a health coach - as well as MFP and FitBit to keep me on track. When I started I wanted to lose 147 pounds... I'm down 31 pounds so far.

As for MF meals I like or can't stand...I've found that with various recipes I can find a way to like most of the meals. For example, I don't like the texture of the Chocolate Chip Soft Bake - prepared as on the package. But, I read of another MFer who had added more liquid to it, some ice cubes and turned it into a shake. Now I love the soft-bake as a shake - made with DaVinci Sugar Free Cookie Dough syrup.

Favorites - Pancakes, Cranberry Mango Drink, Sloppy Joe, Cream of Tomato Soup made into Chips, Eggs+Vanilla Pudding made into an egg custard, S'more bars...

Ones I don't like - Peach Tea, Cappucino, Ready-to-Drink Vanilla Shake.
  • Incredible_Shrinking_Jenn
    Options
    I am halfway through week four of medifast and haven't cheated other than a couple mis selected veggies. I haven't been weighing my lean and green meals and sometimes have waited too long between meals and in weeks two and three I skipped a couple meals but I've been good this week and yet I feel after than when I started. I haven't weighed myself since Friday which is my weekly weigh in day. Has anyone else felt like this?
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    16 lbs is great!
  • stacey_mcleod
    Options
    Hi all. Just started Medifast and would like to surround myself with people experiencing the same sorts of things. Please friend request me.
    -Stacey
  • gleahy77
    gleahy77 Posts: 38
    Options
    I am on my 4th week of Medifast. PLEASE friend me!! I need all the support I can get! I have a LONG way to go! Thank you in advance!
  • kountryann
    Options
    started medifast about 5 weeks ago, had some set backs so technically today is day one...so good luck to you all...
    i can tell you the swiss mocha made as a shake ice and water extremly good so are the honey mustard pretzels!!
  • RhodyREX
    RhodyREX Posts: 4
    Options
    Just started Medifast today. The package arrived a couple of days ago, and my kids have been super-excited for me to open the box. Once they saw the Southwest Eggs I ate this morning, they lost all interest. I followed the microwave instructions, and can't say it was the best meal I've ever eaten. For those of you who love it, how do you prepare it?

Also, I'm 3 meals and 4 cups of water in and really liking it.
  • littleredjd
    Options
    SW Eggs + Tabasco = Tolerable

Make sure you "under" cook them, they are better runny than rubbery.