July 2nd to July 8th Mini Challenges

Options
kristinlien04
kristinlien04 Posts: 38 Member
Alright everyone, for this first week I am copying one of Donna's Weekly Challenges... I hope no one minds, but I always liked Donna's challenges! :) So here is week 1:

Monday Mini Challenge:
Food: Stay within your calorie limit and have a no sugar day.
Cardio: Do 125 jumping jacks. See how many you can do without stopping for the first set and then spread out the rest throughout the day.
Strength: Do 150 crunches (3 different kinds). Again see how many you can do in the first set and then spread out the rest throughtout the day.
Water: drink at least 64 ozs today.

Tuesday Mini Challenge.
Food: stay within your calorie limit and make sure you eat at least 3 vegetables and 2 fruits.
Cardio: Do 30 minutes brisk walk.
Strength: do 150 squats. The trick today is to see how many you can do in the first set and then spread the remainder throughout the day.
Water: drink at least 64 ozs today.

Wednesday Mini Challenge:
Food: stay within your calorie limit and make sure you are eating enough protein to help repair the muscles damaged from exercise.
Cardio: Do an interval workout. 5 minute warm-up, 1 minute jog, 2 minute walk, X6, 5 minute cool-down
Strength: do 100 push-ups and again try to see how many you cab do in the first set and then spread the remainder throughout the day.
Water: drink at least 64 ozs today

Thursday Mini Challenge
Food: stay within your calorie limit and make sure you are including lots of fibre in your diet. This will help you feel fuller and keep everything regular.
Cardio: Do 30 minutes brisk walk
Strength: do 10 sets of 10 side lunges with front arm raise.
Water: drink at least 64 ozs today

Friday Mini Challenge:
Food: stay within your calorie limit and make sure to keep your sodium intake below 2500. Try to avoid pre-packaged or prepared food.
Cardio/Strength: Do 30 minutes of aerobic activity. Try some knee lifts, butt kicks, jumping jacks, jogging, grapevines with some squats, arm raises, crunches, etc. Just keep moving.
Water: drink at least 64 ozs

Saturday Mini Challenge
Food: stay within your calorie limit and make good snack choices
Cardio: 30 minute brisk walk
Strength: do some extra crunches, squats, pushups, or arm exercise on the part that needs more.
Water: drink at least 64 ozs

Sunday Mini Challenge
Enjoy a day off because you deserve it.

I'm excited to be leading up this group! Feel free to post topics in this group, your success stories,your exercise routines, etc... let's be super motivating to each other!

Here's to an amazing week!
Kristin

Replies

• vivianleemit
    vivianleemit Posts: 112
    Options
    Monday check-in:
    Food -- wasn't under calorie limit :( The new Chipotle just opened and I had to get a burrito, oops. Went over by about 400 Cals.
    Cardio -- 125 jumping jacks in a row! I love jumping jacks so no big deal.
    Strength -- did 50 crunches without stopping the first set; finished the rest throughout the day in two sets of 50 each
    Water -- definitely didn't reach 64 oz yet, but there's still another hour left. Only 24 oz more to go!

This is great :) Looking forward to hearing how everyone else does!
  • missoularocks
    missoularocks Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in:

Food: I stayed within calorie limit, but sugar was over.
    Cardio: I ran for 20 min, walked for 20 min instead.
    Strength: I didn't attempt but will next time.
    Water: I think I had about 80 oz.
  • vivianleemit
    vivianleemit Posts: 112
    Options
    Tuesday check-in:
    Food: within calories. Vegetables: zucchini, tomatoes, carrots. Fruits: grapes, cherries.
    Cardio: done!
    Strength: definitely couldn't finish 150 squats at once. I made it to about 60 without stopping, up to 100 now, should be done with the next 50 before the day is over!
    Water: slacked :( only got 48 so far... I'll try to get to 64 before the day is over!
  • missoularocks
    Options
    Tuesday check -in
    Food: I stayed within my calorie limit, had 4 vegetables and 2 fruits.
    Cardio: I did a 45 min walk/hike.
    Strength: I skipped!
    Water: I did drink at least 64 ozs today.
  • kristinlien04
    kristinlien04 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Way to go guys!! I'm going to try to be more active on the message board here and try to post the daily challenges on my profile, but I've been off work all week, and it's hard to do too much from my phone!

For today, I'm going to do one of my workout dvds, haven't decided which one yet, and also try to get the 100 pushups in! Anyone else hate pushups as much as me??
  • missoularocks
    Options
    Thursday Check In:
    Food: Yay! I stayed within my goal!
    Cardio: I ran for 30, walked for 20.
    Strength: I did a full weight routine.
    Water: I had 10 glasses of water!
  • missoularocks
    Options
    Friday Check In:
    Food: I stayed within cal limit but not sodium.
    Cardio/Strength: I swam at the waterpark.
    Water: I did drink at least 64 ozs, maybe more.